E/window prob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Doug_RS2]Sal - I have this - that's another point for me I think

I have this also, in fact I can open and close the windows remotely via my alarm and also vent them (for those rare hot sunny days).

I merely posed the question for the benefit of those without 1 touch operation.

Subtract that point and add 2 for me

BTW Coilpacks are on the way

Comment

See - you boys with the quattro electric window relays have all the fun
      Paul Nugent
      Webmaster http://S2central.net
      Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
      2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
      2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net
        I think the cars with four electric windows have a relay that can be modded to support 1TWU on the frontPaul
        ooooohhhhhh
        Jim

Comment

Originally posted by sal_s2
          I have this also, in fact I can open and close the windows remotely via my alarm and also vent them (for those rare hot sunny days).

Subtract that point and add 2 for me
          So can I courtesy of Mr Clifford (only if I had the manual in front of me!) Does your car start automatically if the battery goes flat? Mine should, Does it switch it's headlights on when it get's dark? Mine should, but I switched it all off as it is a PITA if it goes wrong - I'm still ahead

Cheers for the coilpacks.
          S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Originally posted by Doug_RS2
            Does your car start automatically if the battery goes flat? Mine should
            How exactly does it start with a flat battery?
            ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

The cliffords have a voltage sensor, if it drops to a certain level it automatically starts the car to charge for a bit then turns back off again.... problem is, a car at the roadside running unattended is breaking the law, so all well and good, but could be a PITA if a copper was about and saw it as if they were having a crappy day, could do you for it.
              Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
              2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Fourings - this was the car you bought from Edinburgh wasn't it? Do you know if the owner before the guy you bought it off, second name was Milne, maybe Miller(IIRC - it was one of the big house builders sons)? Lived in Corstorphine, Edinburgh. I am sure I know the previous owner and the car.
                Yes Doug, bought it from Edinburgh, from a guy you've spoken to on RS246 forum, he replaced it with an RS2.
                Sorry, not the one you are thinking of, originally owned by a chap from Maidenhead, called Mr R Ward. Alastair bought it from Scotts of Sloane Square..
                HTH
                2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
                2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
                1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

I knew it was Alastair but about 7 years ago I knew of an M reg in that colour in Edinburgh - probably a different one then.
                  S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

So can I courtesy of Mr Clifford (only if I had the manual in front of me!) Does your car start automatically if the battery goes flat? Mine should, Does it switch it's headlights on when it get's dark? Mine should, but I switched it all off as it is a PITA if it goes wrong - I'm still ahead

Cheers for the coilpacks.
                    How many electric windows you got again?

Comment

Right so, Quattro relay and grease the regulator, got it.
                      Just got to find the time to do it now!
                      BTW thanks for the help!
                      Ragusa Coupe gone!
                      sigpic
                      VW T4 Multivan. TSW Holstens hiding in the garage for the winter.
                      VW Mk1 Caddy pickup, modded or "ruined"
                      vw T5 Kombi. In the process of being "ruined"

Comment

Working...
                      X