Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Master central locking switch, possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Master central locking switch, possible?

I was wondering, how easy would it be to wire in a master central locking switch, like newer Audis. So that you can lock and unlock the doors by separate button?

Has anyone done this?

If so, how exactly?

sent via Tapatalk
    Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
    S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
    '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

It's easy in that what you want to do is the same as adding an external remote control which I and many have done in which you break into the lines going into the central locking pump unit and use the unit emulate the driver's door lock switch.

However, on my ABY car doing locking the driver's door also arms the factory alarm and I don't know how you'd seperate doing the two.

John

Comment

Mine is a 3B so no factory alarm. It does have an aftermarket one though. This one does operate the central locking when arming / disarming. If I push the lock button down on top of the door, the central locking locks the doors without arming the alarm.
      Basically, can I add a switch in the wiring as you say, also keeping the alarm as it is?

sent via Tapatalk

Comment

My alarm does exactly this with no stock alarm arming. With the right wire colours, it's easy peasy.
        Cheers'en, AndyC
        1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Actually , another question. What type of switch would be needed?
          A simple on off or a 2 part one - basically 1 part to lock other part to unlock?
          Ideally would like to use an on/off...

sent via Tapatalk

Comment

You need a switch with 3 terminals and 2 small relays. Job done
            Audi S4 2.2T 5 spd 1992 for parts
            AUDI A4 1.9TDI daily use

Audi 80 Quattro 2.0 16V (ACE) aka Competition

Comment

Could you post a schematic for the 2 relay system?

Comment

I'm busy at the moment and I will post a schematic in weekend . But where the switch can be installed ? Next to deminst and fog lights switches?
                AUDI A4 1.9TDI daily use

Comment

why would you want relais? can't you just wire the new switch paralel to the switch operated by the lock? must be a "pushbutton" type (so none latching) in this case

Comment

Does the central locking pump not require either a single "long" pulse or a double pulse to unlock the whole vehicle? Otherwise you would only unlock the driver's door. Just a thought..

Comment

The S6 has this switch on the driver's door. You could try and retrofit that to keep it OEM?

Comment

Is the only way to do it with 2 relays and a push switch with 1-0-1 positions.
                        Try as you said. I tried by myself and it doesn t working ...
                        AUDI A4 1.9TDI daily use

Comment

Could this not be done via the wiring in the drivers door?

If so, a switch on the door would be perfect. Or... do you need to connect directly at the central locking pump? Presumably it makes no difference where, as long as you connect to the right wires!

sent via Tapatalk

Comment

can someone post the electric schematic of the central locking please? without it we're guessing

@ManiacuV6: cab post a schematic of how you hooked it up?

Comment

If we start guessing I start loosing my patience and YES you connect the relays and switch to the drivers door.
                              I installed alarm systems on cars like that and I know what I'm saying .
                              Till Sunday I want to see how it works only with the switch
                              All the electronics work with smoke: when the smoke comes off the won't work
                              This evening I 'll post a schematic with central locking
                              AUDI A4 1.9TDI daily use

Comment

Working...
                              X