No announcement yet.

Aby immobilizer problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just looking at the chips in the ecu i've looking on the net and you can't find any info on them or find any counter part? LD58A63LP bottom chip BLX59A048P top chip. does any body know what the counter part numbers are?

Comment

If I was you'd I'd just send the ECU to Paul (S2Central) or PRJ on the forum who will be able to remove the immobiliser & offer you a safe high quality remap (if required)
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by trebormc View Post
        Just looking at the chips in the ecu i've looking on the net and you can't find any info on them or find any counter part? LD58A63LP bottom chip BLX59A048P top chip. does any body know what the counter part numbers are?
        They are obfuscated part numbers but even if you got fresh chips they need to be programmed of course. Are yours soldered in or sitting in sockets ?
        Paul Nugent
        Webmaster http://S2central.net
        Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
        2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
        2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

The bottom chip is in a socket and the top one is solder in the board still just haven't got round to put it in socket yet.

Comment

If you are ok to do the soldering I can offer you decent discount on remap chips with Immo removed. Send me a PM if interested ;-)
            Paul Nugent
            Webmaster http://S2central.net
            Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
            2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
            2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

I'm aware of the need of updating checksum if You chg smtng in the LDR chip,
              but,
              the immo code as shown in post#8 is in the MOT chip, does this also has a checksum ?
              If so how is it calculated and where is it stored ?

Comment

Originally posted by pfi View Post
                I'm aware of the need of updating checksum if You chg smtng in the LDR chip,
                but,
                the immo code as shown in post#8 is in the MOT chip, does this also has a checksum ?
                If so how is it calculated and where is it stored ?
                just use a chipset version that doesnt have immobilizer, its just easier. i use 8A0 907 551B software from RS2 in all cars. for with RS2 551B software you can use PRJ's checksum plugin to correct checksum in tuner pro RT.
                "The really good drivers got the bugs on the side windows." Walter Röhrl

Comment

Originally posted by vwnut8392 View Post

just use a chipset version that doesnt have immobilizer, its just easier. i use 8A0 907 551B software from RS2 in all cars. for with RS2 551B software you can use PRJ's checksum plugin to correct checksum in tuner pro RT.
                  RS2 sw in ABY ?
                  If that works it solves my problem
                  but still doesn't answer the q : is it checksum in the MOT chip

Comment

Figured out checksum in MOT, two bytes located in FF00 and FF01
                    to calculate it I used HxD (https://mh-nexus.de/en/programs.php)
                    Mark all content of Bin-file from 0000 to FEFF, select [Analysis / Checksums / Checksum-16] and press OK

but,
                    still wondering if RS2 551B will be ok in my ABY ...

Comment

Originally posted by pfi View Post
                      Figured out checksum in MOT, two bytes located in FF00 and FF01
                      to calculate it I used HxD (https://mh-nexus.de/en/programs.php)
                      Mark all content of Bin-file from 0000 to FEFF, select [Analysis / Checksums / Checksum-16] and press OK

but,
                      still wondering if RS2 551B will be ok in my ABY ...
                      it will work. will require a little bit of remapping but it does work fine. there is a way to simply disable checksum routine on boost chip, you find 79 E7 E7 D2 E6 F7 and change it to 00 00 00 00 00 00. the boost chip no longer cares about the checksum. i just use the checksum plugin for tuner pro from PRJ to calculate the boost checksum automatically. he has the source code posted on github for the plugin, it tells you exactly how all checksums are calculated. and for the record it doesnt matter what the software comes from weather its AAN, ABY, ADU, 3B, RR etc the checksums are all calculated the same. some are just located at different addresses than others depending on chip size. also you can run a 551B motor chip and whatever ABY boost chip, the ECU does not care. some remapping of the motor chip will be required most likely since its for an RS2 but the ECU does not care.
                      Last edited by vwnut8392; 17 March 2021, 21:25.
                      "The really good drivers got the bugs on the side windows." Walter Röhrl

Comment

Thnx vwnut

I feel a little lost in space and on thin ice but I'll download Tunerpro and ...

Tunerpro or Tunerpro RT ?

regards -per

Comment

Working...
                        X