Fuel mpg on trip computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S2 Ant
    On a standard turbo to get a decent MPG figure on the motorway i think its best to cruise at around 60mph, as it stops the turbo from boosting and therefore use less fuel.... as you say tho Dan, its so boring!

Uhhhhh - whoever said that boost was related to roadspeed ?

You could be doing a steady 100mph plus and have the engine in vacuum. Its only when you are accelerating that the turbo generates boost !

Paul
    Paul Nugent
    Webmaster http://S2central.net
    Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
    2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
    2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

mpg and S2/RS2 in the same sentence..........

must admit i never really worry about it, just how much fuel is left, hee hee
      '92 S2 - Bent now

Comment

Thanks Martyn - hope to see you at Stanford Hall again this year! Will be in touch soom for some new mats!

I'm sorry, I bought my S2 to appreciate it and most of the time I have the wife and my two young children in it (both growing Audi fans) so I'm not into the charging around (each to their own).

By filling the tank and refilling I calculate an average of 22-23 on mixed running and as I said calculated 30 on the run to Tatton park and back (from Scotland), that was at steady motorway speeds.

Certainly the S2 literature I have says it was designed to give 30mpg @70mph - for once it looks like the brochure was right.

Thanks for the help and info on S2 Central - will calibrate it properly this weekend and see how it goes.
        Editor AOC www.audiclub.co.uk
        Editor Audifans www.audifans.net
        AOC Member of the Year 2003-2004
        (1994 80 Saloon - Titan Grey\V6 bumper\S2 Avant bumper\80 Competition Alloys - Nice but it certainly isn't an S2 )

Comment

Working...
        X