No ignition help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No ignition help!

Hi guys im about to be recovered due to my s2 coupe aby suddenly cut out ... doing 75mph down motorway suddenly cut out no ignition lights doesnt want to crank nothing i still have power to wipers windows lights radio heater etc just when i turn the key nothing happens no clicking nothing only doors lock (like normal) any one got any ideas? Was thinking ignition fuse or something if anyone can help me out as i need my car lol

Bump

Comment

Maybe a worn out ignition lock? I'm not sure it fits all the symptoms, though.
      Cheers, Torben
      '94 B4 Avant S2

Comment

Try your earth straps I had same thing but when I put the engine back in not sure if aby loom is same as mine but main earth is in the drivers side front chassis leg

Comment

has it got an aftermarket immobiliser? I know my ignition lights don't come on until I disarm the Clifford its got fitted

Comment

Igntion switch replacement pdf

Originally posted by betterwith4 View Post
            Bump
            As per the suggestions of others, you need to check a few things and give us some feed back. For example, lots of electrical problems happen when the ignition switch fails:

Here is an ignition switch replacement written for the C4s but it will apply to a B3/B4 very closely. Same switch PN. Same procedure. Differences will come in the removal of the instrument cluster. Start with this to "eliminate it from further enquiries":

http://12v.org/urs/IgnitionSwitchReplacementDIY.pdf
            RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
            94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Replaced ignition switch. .. battery earth ok ... can't find engine earth strap but made another earth for it still no effect ... power is going through my ignition i used a prob i have a Clifford alarm that like u say light come on after its disarmed or ust to ... i was driving alomg then all power to engine went it just cut out no ignition lights but enver thing else works no fuses blown

Comment

Maybe the alarm immob has died? Find the alarm module under the dash and make sure the multipin connector is still plugged in if it has one, pull the multipin and check none of the pins are burnt

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                sigpic

Comment

I noticed that a relay under the dash one of the pins on a relay was slightly brown but dont think its owt to do with ignition due to me changing the actual ignition relay?

Comment

Originally posted by betterwith4 View Post
                    I noticed that a relay under the dash one of the pins on a relay was slightly brown but dont think its owt to do with ignition due to me changing the actual ignition relay?
                    Umm...hold that thought until you give us the "code" on top of the relay, e.g. 204, and the part number on the relay, e.g. 8A0951253 (or whatever).

Brown pins = heat = short = fire = oops

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Dave, there WON'T be any fires! Its a coupe we're speaking about, the water sloshing around the cabin will suppress it quite nicely

Comment

Phahaha mike how u know 😂 hopefully i find the problem out ... daft question since u mention it ... any way of stopping the leaks? Surely they didnt send the coupesout the factory leaking so there must be a way or solving it haha

Comment

there's a whole thread about coupe leaks (unfortunately). the 'usual' culprits tend to be bonnet cable grommet beside fusebox and door seals...and rear light clusters...and sunroof...lol!

Comment

hi
                            you say,no ignition lights,does this means also no working gauges in the cluster?
                            if so,than you have a problem with fuse 12,this means also no reverse lights,check this
                            you can see if fuse 12 is broking or you can measure 12v on it if ignition is on
                            i just see on my wirediagram that fuse 12 also give power to the immo so that can explane why the engine shuts off
                            audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
                            TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
                            AEM W/M injection

Comment

Yh sunroof was sealed shut when i bought it o well ... anyways think i found the problem ... i checked all fuses non blown BUT i managed finally once i typed specific words in that the 208 relay for the fuel pump also controls ypur ignition? Meaning to say that if the 208 intimittant relay in the j17 slot doesnt give signal to the ecu i wont have ignition am i correct? Plus when i pulled that relay out and had a look inside there was 3 tiny electromagnet look alikes and the very top one was slightly green (bad earth?) Anyone recon right track here lol

Comment

Working...
                              X