Location Of Outside Temp Probe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Location Of Outside Temp Probe

Can anyone please tell me the location of the temp probe, i am still having issues with fuse No 4 blowing which works the interior lights/radio/trip computer/clock and a few items but it's mainly the lights radio clock and computer that's affected. Having disconnected the radio and lights and it's still blowing i turned my attention to the dash clocks disconnected the plugs in the main dash bin and i did another continuity test i found that the brown wire in the yellow temp clock plug was beeping which we know is a sign of shorting and the wires close to plug were damaged a tiny bit by melting also the white wire has a little showing of wire under the cover. Question, is the temp clock covered by fuse 4 which is also shorting on testing. The only thing i have done with regards to fiddling in the front the engine bay area where i suspect the probe is located was when i did the cambelt change and some how have damaged the wiring from the probe i can't think of any other reason why this should suddenly start shorting. I have taken the car to several garages who simply tell me that the car is to old and they don't have any data on it. I think it's to much trouble for them personally and includes trying to get a auto electrition.

Should be around the middle of the car behind front bumper.

Comment

When i took the bumper off prior to doing the cambelt i didn't notice any probe behind it the only wiring loom i noticed yesterday was running in front of the aux rad but no probe.

Comment

Quick search around forum:

Originally posted by johne View Post
        The cable is part of the wiring loom and comes out at the same point as the headlight cable.

[ATTACH]18602[/ATTACH]

It's very difficult to get a good picture of the sensor as it's down by the bottom hose. In this picture you can see the sensor in the middle mounted on a right angle aluminium bracket which shows a little corrosion. It's above and to the right of the bit of red cable showing. The connector on the left with the brown tie-wrap holding it to the body is the temperature sensor connector.
        Originally posted by porkkis View Post
        First one below the LH side headlight behind the bumper.

Second one in the air intake shaft before the blower. Access from outside by removing the RH side wiper and panel. (LHD cars)
        It's in the middle on I4 cars:

Comment

I think its clipped to the lower air ducting for the radiator, i.e. look in the very right hand corner of the bumper grill. On a B3 its clipped to the back of the main grill right infront of the radiator.
          91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
          93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
          94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Thanks for the reply's

Comment

At the bottom of the upright piece that drops down from the slam panel, to the inside of the headlight.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
                At the bottom of the upright piece that drops down from the slam panel, to the inside of the headlight.
                and in front of the radiator.

I posted a picture of it on here a while back for someone so a search may find it for you.

John

Comment

Working...
                X