No announcement yet.

need some help for 324 control module..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some help for 324 control module..

i've some issue with my after-run system..i've always 12v to after-run pump.
    i've checked 324 module and I have found that a resistor is burned. i can replace it but i cant no longer read the colors...someone can help me?

324.jpg

Originally posted by ziopinulo View Post
    i've some issue with my after-run system..i've always 12v to after-run pump.
    i've checked 324 module and I have found that a resistor is burned. i can replace it but i cant no longer read the colors...someone can help me?

[ATTACH]57903[/ATTACH]

hi! i've replaced the resistor(100 ohm) and the near transistor(bd435 if i remember) and the module start working!
    before the fan ran but not the pump..it also drained the battery
    now everything ok

Comment

Interesting. I have the same problem. I replaced the module and it did it again, quite soon after. I will try soldering new components onto the board
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

the 324 provides supply voltage to the after-run pump. if you burn some 324 maybe the pump sucks too much and burn 324...if you want i can measure the consumption of my pump to ensure they are similar

Comment

That would be useful, thanks. The pump is a new Bosch unit so hopefully it is OK - I will test the current draw.
          I found with the 324 module damaged, the pump runs continuously and drains the battery. Perhaps the transistor is damaged?
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

After-run Auxiliary Coolant Pump and Fan Switch and 324 Control Module Info

This might or might not help:

After-run Auxiliary Coolant Pump and Fan Switch and 324 Control Module Info:

Click me: http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/21503.phtml

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
            94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
              That would be useful, thanks. The pump is a new Bosch unit so hopefully it is OK - I will test the current draw.
              I found with the 324 module damaged, the pump runs continuously and drains the battery. Perhaps the transistor is damaged?
              Hi!
              I have a coolant leak from this pump when it star after a heavy use.

Where and how much it will be cost?

Thanks man!

PS: I read that a TT pump will be work but we must change the wires (+ to -, and - to +). It's true?
              photobucket SUCKS
              sigpic

Comment

Just a small clarification to your info Dave, pretty sure the J155 takes 12v via the F98, not the J17 fuel pump relay.
                The system only works with ignition off, the module is "activated" when J17 powers down with the ignition off

I will try replacing the resistor and transistor in the unit as suggested
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Just a small clarification to your info Dave, pretty sure the J155 takes 12v via the F98, not the J17 fuel pump relay. The system only works with ignition off, the module is "activated" when J17 powers down with the ignition off
                  I'll check the S2 wiring diagrams but I know that there is switched power coming into the J155 "324" from the J17 on an UrS4/S6:

Last edited by UrS4boy; 28 September 2016, 18:04.

Comment

J17 and J155 info (key is the 4/87F pin in on the J155 that came from track [50])

S2 J17 (I see power going to track [49]):

S2 J155:

Gotta run to Healthy Heart exercise class (6:40 AM) to keep the old ticker going. Be back later.

Comment

if pump runs continuously first I would check F98 for short (it must close only when T>110° C), if you disconnect wire from F98, pump must stop. if not i think bad 324, perhaps only the transistor... transistor is like a tap!

Comment

Just a small clarification to your info Dave, pretty sure the J155 takes 12v via the F98, not the J17 fuel pump relay.
                        The system only works with ignition off, the module is "activated" when J17 powers down with the ignition off

I will try replacing the resistor and transistor in the unit as suggested
                        yes 324 (j155) takes 12v via F98. via J17 it takes switched power for not turn on when ignition on.
                        in short words: when 12v on 4/87F of J155, after-run is off.

Comment

if pump runs continuously first I would check F98 for short (it must close only when T>110° C), if you disconnect wire from F98, pump must stop. if not i think bad 324, perhaps only the transistor... transistor is like a tap!
                          I did think that initially but fan did not run continuously, and pump continued to run when switch was disconnected.
                          I can't work out what causes the resistor to blow, unless this is a weak point of the module and I am just unlucky - whether the resistor blows due to failed transistor, or vice versa.
                          Indigo ABY coupé
                          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

yes 324 (j155) takes 12v via F98. via J17 it takes switched power for not turn on when ignition on. in short words: when 12v on 4/87F of J155, after-run is off.
                            Agree. F98 = the thermoswitch that provides the 12V trigger signal that starts the after-run process going - *BUT* only if the power from the J17 fuel pump relay is off, i.e. the engine is off. Hence "AFTER" run.

Comment

I did think that initially but fan did not run continuously, and pump continued to run when switch was disconnected.
                              I can't work out what causes the resistor to blow, unless this is a weak point of the module and I am just unlucky - whether the resistor blows due to failed transistor, or vice versa.
                              pump is wired directly to 12v and via 324 for ground, so if the pump is running the fault is definitely of 324.
                              i didnt understand wich resistor blows.

power consumption of my is 350mA

Comment

Working...
                              X