Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A8 or A6 central locking wiring diagram needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for that! I'm not so handy with vagcom yet, and wanted to make sure I didn't screw anything up. Adding 16 did the trick.
    Mine only unlocked once when I removed the key, after that I had to unlock manually so I removed 32.
    Makes me curious though. Why would it only work the first time after adding the code?
    Can't test the rest unfortunately as I still don't have a remote.

Comment

How did you match a remote to the pump?
      I've been messin around with vcds, but all the methods described at Ross Tech seem to need remote's already programmed into the system.

Comment

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?
        The stock soft code in this pump when I started was 13130, workshop code 02324.
        I added 16 to the soft for reverse operation so it would work with my lock switches. So far so good.

Then I tried a complete new code to get all the functions I want:

4 Security central opening.
        16 Cabriolet functionality on.
        32 Auto lock doors when car goes above 15mph.
        128 No ultrasonic installed.
        512 Radio control close confirmed with one flash.
        4096 Radio control open confirmed with two flashes.
        8192 Radio remote control opening/closing activated.

Add those up and the new code should be 12980. Somehow the pump won't accept that code and automatically change it back to the previous one.
        Any ideas??

Then the remote part.
        So I bought a remote, 4D0 837 231 N, and tried to get it working.
        The standard procedure given by Ross Tech tells me to open 'adaptation', channel 00, read and safe. So far so good.
        Then read channel 01. If not available, try channel 21.
        Both not available.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Pump doesn't accept code if it's wrong or contains unsupported option. Try to start from 0 adding options one by one.
          When matching remote keys Vagcom is only used to check which positions are free (1st and 2nd usually) or to check if pump actually sees the remote (even unmatched ones).
          Matching itself is done by using two car keys and remote:
          Leave the key in the ignition ON
          Lock the car from outside using the new, unmatched key in the driver-side door lock.
          Press the UNLOCK button on the new key within 5 seconds often enough to reach next memory position (so, if the value in field 2 was 0001, you should press the new key's unlock button twice, to put the new key in memory position 2).
          The car may give you some sort of acknowledgment as the button is pressed (lights flash, horn beep, etc.)
          Wait 5 seconds and press the unlock button on the new key to unlock the door.
          Turn the ignition key to OFF and remove the old key.
          Press LOCK and UNLOCK with the new key.
          Insert the new key in the ignition and turn to the ON position (do not start car).
          Usually takes more than one try because something's always skipped.

Comment

Originally posted by mdz View Post
            Try to start from 0 adding options one by one.
            That worked, thanks! Apparantly you can't turn off the interior monitoring on the 'G' pump.

I tried the remote matching procedure a couple times, but no effect.
            Does the car need to have an immobiliser? Cause mine doesn't.
            I also don't have any sensors or switches in the door apart from the central locking switch on the vacuum actuator. Could that be a problem? With this setup, I don't see the point in locking the car from the outside. I might as well just push the door pin.

Comment

Originally posted by Typ89 View Post
              T
              I also don't have any sensors or switches in the door apart from the central locking switch on the vacuum actuator. Could that be a problem?
              Most likely yes, because pump uses "lock" and "unlock" signals from doorlock barrel.
              In this case two options came into mind - prewire a temporary switch (3 wires - lock, unlock, ground) from pump to where you can reach it (drivers seat would be enough). Connect ground to either of locking wires to activate command. Or find someone with >1997 C4A6, B5A4, 8LA3 or D2A8 with remote control option who will let you use his car to program your pump.

Comment

I've got a working remote now. Many thanks for your help!

Comment

Hi, I am preparing myself to install a remote entry CL pump into my 1995 US spec 90.
                  Will I need to run a K line to the pump? I'd like to connect vagcom to code it.
                  Will i need to pull a line from under the dash or is there a diagnostic wire under the back seat?

Any info is much appreciated
                  //-\\ ((_)) //)) //

Comment

Working...
                  X