"I have 5 wires at the pump"

the pump w 5 connectors:
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by varia View Post
      yet again you are linking a random crap
      "I have 5 wires at the pump" the pump w 5 connectors:
      It's never "random". It is always "hopefully of some use". (As I am trying to help but with very little info to go on, it is difficult)

Again, if the OP had posted what you just did or the PN of the central locking and control pump, he might have got his answer sooner.

Yours (excellent info BTW - I have never seen such a simple pump):

Last edited by UrS4boy; 21 April 2016, 16:03.
      RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
      94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Some people need to learn some manners.
        '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
        '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
        '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Originally posted by hunker7 View Post
          Some people need to learn some manners.
          The forum is here for enthusiasts to help other enthusiasts and it has been doing this extremely well for many years. If someone tries to help and doesn't deliver what you need on a golden platter first time it's worth remembering that they aren't providing a warranty service. It's not their job. So you can politely give some more info and hope someone can help. Or you could go f*ck yourself. I believe those are the 2 options you have.
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          1990 CQ20v
          2001 3.0 B6 A4 Avant Quattro Sport

Comment

There were nothing negative in my reply. Aim happy with all the answers

Comment

Originally posted by fluk3 View Post
              There were nothing negative in my reply. Aim happy with all the answers
              We're not talking about you mate
              '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
              '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
              '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Okay I'm just confused. I'm not so good at writing English. I'm using translation :-/

Comment

Okay I'm just confused. I'm not so good at writing English. I'm using translation :-/
                  Don't worry about it. Carry on.

Comment

You haven't said anything wrong. Someone else did.
                    1990 CQ20v

Comment

Okay :-)

But If i read the diagram correctly i need at central lock control unit that's will shift between constantly - or + to give the signals instead of 1 of the door locks

Comment

Hey guys, I'm going through the same thing.
                        I've bought a random ebay kit (they're all the same...) and I also have just 5 wires (see pic)

I've been tinkering with it all day but can't figure it out.
                        I'm guessing the wiring diagram is clear as day for everyone else, but could someone explain it to me like I was dropped as a kid?

Comment

Originally posted by LeafBox View Post
                          Hey guys, I'm going through the same thing. I've bought a random ebay kit (they're all the same...) and I also have just 5 wires (see pic)

I've been tinkering with it all day but can't figure it out. I'm guessing the wiring diagram is clear as day for everyone else, but could someone explain it to me like I was dropped as a kid?
                          I presume you meant dropped on your head as a kid?

I will start:

As we learned previously, the five pin central locking control module pump (apparently) has five wires.

1. A brown (B) = ground/earth from pin 2/31
                          2. A Red/black (R/BK) to pin 1/30 (30 = constant power, i.e. on even with the ignition off)
                          3. A Red (R) to pin 6/75 (looks like switched power)
                          4. A Green/Red (G/R) to pin 4/FT (interior lighting related)
                          5. A Green/Blue (G/BL) to pin 3BFT (this will be your lock/unlock signal (I think)).

You seem to have those five wires so you are at least part way.

Attached Files
                          Last edited by UrS4boy; 15 June 2016, 23:58.

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                            I presume you meant dropped on your head as a kid?
                            See what I'm talking about? Can't even speak, how am I supposed to figure out a wiring diagram

As far as I can tell, both RED and RED/BLACK is constant power.
                            But I'm pretty sure the rest is correct though, because the GREEN/BLUE is the only one that seems to react when locking/unlocking by key.

So I'm supposed to use a positive trigger on the GREEN/BLUE?
                            Because that wire is either 12v or dead depending on if the car is locked/unlocked.

So let say, i give it 12v and it locks, take it away = unlock... Yeah?

Comment

Figured it out. I had to cut the wire, not splice, and connect BOTH a negative (unlock) and positive (lock) trigger...

Edit;
                              Everything was working fine, so I connected the blinkers, and now the car unlocks but won't lock either by clicker or key (if I reconnect the wire)???

Edit2;
                              Ate dinner, came back, now it's working again
                              ...?
                              Last edited by LeafBox; 16 June 2016, 17:13.

Comment

Originally posted by LeafBox View Post
                                Figured it out. I had to cut the wire, not splice, and connect BOTH a negative (unlock) and positive (lock) trigger...

Edit;
                                Everything was working fine, so I connected the blinkers, and now the car unlocks but won't lock either by clicker or key (if I reconnect the wire)???

Edit2;
                                Ate dinner, came back, now it's working again
                                ...?
                                I appreciate that this is a REALLY old thread, but I just stumbled across it and wondered what you meant by "I connected the blinkers"?
                                cheers
                                1990 CQ20v

Comment

Working...
                                X