Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blinkers = slang for indicators

Comment

Yeah, I know that bit cheers, but I wasn't sure how connecting blinkers/indicators was part of the process because...
      I was working off a PDF that Rclick sent to me by email (specific to the car) and I hadn't noticed a separate ye olde paper thingie in the box, under everything else. The paper has instructions on optionally connecting the indicators after the rest of the installation is done.
      So basically, I just jumped the gun a bit
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      1990 CQ20v
      2001 3.0 B6 A4 Avant Quattro Sport

Comment

I might as well mention that the clicker has been working flawless since the install.
        But I've noticed that you do have to hold the button for like a second because there doesn't seem to be a "delayed release" to compensate for this being a vacuum-actuator.

Comment

That's really good to know, cheers. So the buttons aren't as fast as newer cars then? I think I can live with that, especially since I've been cocking about with separate keys for the doors and ignition until now. It will be good to have a single key, and especially the remote function!
          1990 CQ20v

Comment

I managed to get this done a couple of months ago. Fitted behind the rear right door card where the wiring was quite convenient. There really wasn’t enough space or play in the wiring for me to do it under the steering column (LHD. Don’t know if that makes a difference). So it all works now and it’s great to have a remote. It will be especially good in the winter when the locks have frozen.
            1990 CQ20v

Comment

Working...
            X