Alarm suggestions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alarm suggestions please

Once i have sorted the annoying rattle and vibration i have on the car at the moment, i was going to replace the alarm/immobiliser with a new one. At the moment i only have one keyfob and its going to prove very difficult getting a spare one, i think its one of the audi option versions, as it says audi on the keyfob, but when i went to the dealer they said they dont do them anymore and cant get spares for them.
    so, i was just wondering if anyone else had installed a new alarm and perhaps some suggestions for makes/models.
    Tim

1995 S2 Avant, ruby red - ** SOLD TO ROSS **
    Golf Rallye G60 ** SOLD **
    Golf MK2 Oaky with R32 engine
    Audi A6 Avant 1.9 TDi 130
    Golf MK2 8v Race car

I had a Meto alarm. Total closure on all 4 windows as well as a CAT1 immobiliser and alarm. Can't remember the exact model (maybe T99). I was forced into it by my insurance company. Because my car was sat on the street they could only insure me 3rd party unless I had a CAT1 alarm!
    I've had Meto alarms before and never had a problem with them. I got mine through my local National Windscreen depot.
    ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

i have a toad immobiliser plus one which was already installed. It catches everyone out including garages so if you want the car to remain stationary i'd recommed one, it has a keyfob which you put near the dash and it dis-arms.

Not sure alarms are of much use these days, i just hear them and think must have gone off accidentally
      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

meta: very reliable IMO:
        imster

Comment

Originally posted by imster
          meta: very reliable IMO:
          imster
          I agree. I have one of these and it's great
          Mark

Race Clio RS197

S2 Coupe ABY (Green) - RIP
          S2 Coupe ABY (Blue) - Sold

Comment

I have a meta also, haven't had a single problem in the 3 years i've had it.

Comment

ok, i see a pattern forming, ill investigate, thanks for the replies. now for that damn vibrating noise...
              Tim

1995 S2 Avant, ruby red - ** SOLD TO ROSS **
              Golf Rallye G60 ** SOLD **
              Golf MK2 Oaky with R32 engine
              Audi A6 Avant 1.9 TDi 130
              Golf MK2 8v Race car

Comment

Got a Toad, it's A1!

I'll post number when i get home.

Comment

Yeah another vote for the Toad Ai606. I've had then in the last 4 of my cars and I don't think I've had a single false alarm. Fantastic alarms with stacks of upgrade possibilities and the best fob in the business.

I've done my last three installs myself and had them independently certified for insurance purposes. That way, you don't get numpties test driving your car for the day and making a pigs ear of the wiring.

Doing it yourself also means that if anything does ever go horribly wrong, you can go straight to the cut circuits and do a fix in minutes rather than nearer an hour (worried Jamo?!).

Bought my alarms over the counter for £140 - but beware, doing a good job takes the best part of a day. (Piece of mind though!)

Comment

Originally posted by Alistair C
                    Yeah another vote for the Toad Ai606. I've had then in the last 4 of my cars and I don't think I've had a single false alarm. Fantastic alarms with stacks of upgrade possibilities and the best fob in the business.

I've done my last three installs myself and had them independently certified for insurance purposes. That way, you don't get numpties test driving your car for the day and making a pigs ear of the wiring.

Doing it yourself also means that if anything does ever go horribly wrong, you can go straight to the cut circuits and do a fix in minutes rather than nearer an hour (worried Jamo?!).

Bought my alarms over the counter for £140 - but beware, doing a good job takes the best part of a day. (Piece of mind though!)

I always wondered what that bright yellow wire was................... :mischeif:

To be fair Alistair did a top notch job on installing the alarm

Comment

hi there!

thought i'd add my two penneths worth!!

i have a clifford concept 300, installed by gap security, two words.. don't bother!!!

my mate had a meta installed in his s6, and its much better!and cheaper!i paid over £700.00 to have mine installed with 4x windows, and headlight switch, the meta was much better priced, and never false alarmed!!

there, i've said it!!

Comment

I would advise a toad as they were recomended to me as the best by Carsound who install all makes of alarm. They rate clifford the worst, breaking down all the time causing problems (what would you expect having Ford in the name ). I also know someone who has the complete 2004 edition of the installation manual for the Ai606 (Top model CAT1). Something kept highly secret by toad. I payed £335 for toad to install mine as i didnt want a botch job done and wanted lifetime guarantee.
                        Also i found out Total closure invalidated CAT1 certification on all alarms. But the Ai606 has all the gimmicks you could want. If you buy extras you can have the head lights on for 5 minutes while you go to your front door., Total closure, pager facility, and a whole host of other bits and bobs.
                        Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.--:Albert Einstein

Comment

I gave the lad a hand to install it as Toad had it down as a base model audi 80, when he looked behind my dash the works ohh f*ck were heard. It took the best part of 4 hours for me and a toad installer to do the job, i done one side of the car, he done the other side and most of the tapping in and soldering under the dash.
                          Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.--:Albert Einstein

Comment

a friend had the toad Ai606 - his car was taken from his driveway whilst he dreamt of mods.

imster

Comment

Another vote for the Meta, had it a year with no problems, But! If anybody knows how to wire the little ****** upto the central locking i would love to know

My car has the early pump with seven wires i think, the alarm just kept driving it crazy to the point it would stop working until i pulled the fuse to reset it. In the end i gave up and disconnected the alarm from it, worked fine ever since
                              91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
                              93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
                              94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Working...
                              X