Alarm suggestions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Graham
    I would advise a toad as they were recomended to me as the best by Carsound who install all makes of alarm. They rate clifford the worst, breaking down all the time causing problems (what would you expect having Ford in the name ). I also know someone who has the complete 2004 edition of the installation manual for the Ai606 (Top model CAT1). Something kept highly secret by toad. I payed £335 for toad to install mine as i didnt want a botch job done and wanted lifetime guarantee.
    Also i found out Total closure invalidated CAT1 certification on all alarms. But the Ai606 has all the gimmicks you could want. If you buy extras you can have the head lights on for 5 minutes while you go to your front door., Total closure, pager facility, and a whole host of other bits and bobs.

I also have a hard copy of the install manual thanks to the previous owner
    Last edited by Jamo; 6 May 2005, 21:31. Reason: Removed url link to toad install guide, PM if you want it.

Comment

Originally posted by s2avant95M
      At the moment i only have one keyfob and its going to prove very difficult getting a spare one, i think its one of the audi option versions, as it says audi on the keyfob
      Not this was is it on ebay
      Mark

Race Clio RS197

S2 Coupe ABY (Green) - RIP
      S2 Coupe ABY (Blue) - Sold

Comment

mines a mattix from the states full closure pages me if bumped not happpened yet remote starting it starts itself every week day @ 7.15 great in winter
        94 s2 avant
        aoc member 1116

Comment

Doh, didn't see this before, Tim, I have a spare remote if you need it. I had to get the vag upgrade alarm ripped out, as the main battery had been left off long enough for the backup to go flat too.
          Hmmm, thinking about I have 2 fobs. let me know if they are any good to you

Jas
          2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
          2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
          1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

jas, do you think it will work? or will it need re-programming. if they are spare i could try one...ill pm you later. cheers!!
            Tim

1995 S2 Avant, ruby red - ** SOLD TO ROSS **
            Golf Rallye G60 ** SOLD **
            Golf MK2 Oaky with R32 engine
            Audi A6 Avant 1.9 TDi 130
            Golf MK2 8v Race car

Comment

No probs Tim, I kept them in the event someone may need one.
              I've got the resynchronisation sequence for the fobs, worth a try.
              Just to make sure we are talking about the same fob, I've attached a photo, sorry very bad quality, camera phone It has Audi in red writing across the top.

Jas
              Last edited by Jas11n; 7 May 2005, 21:32.
              2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
              2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
              1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

Working...
              X