No announcement yet.

This thing is leaking, what is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have just changed my hoses for the SFS silicone jobbies and they are wicked, and i narrowly averted disaster, the hose from the Heater Matrix to the back of the block had doubled in diameter before the jubilee clip and was not far from popping. The bleed valve on the silicone hoses is wicked, it saves soo much faffing about. The job took me 2.5 hrs as i have used hose clamps instead of Jubilee clips. No good for the olde back though leaning over getting intimate with an engine. LOL
    Graham
    Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.--:Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Graham
      I have just changed my hoses for the SFS silicone jobbies and they are wicked, and i narrowly averted disaster, the hose from the Heater Matrix to the back of the block had doubled in diameter before the jubilee clip and was not far from popping. The bleed valve on the silicone hoses is wicked, it saves soo much faffing about. The job took me 2.5 hrs as i have used hose clamps instead of Jubilee clips. No good for the olde back though leaning over getting intimate with an engine. LOL
      Graham
      Glad your happy with them matey. It's about an hour and a half for the majority of the hoses then about an hour for those matrix hoses plus de skinned knuckles . When you going to change your avatar to a nice Aussie backdrop?
      Mark

Race Clio RS197

S2 Coupe ABY (Green) - RIP
      S2 Coupe ABY (Blue) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by rotoryboy
        Glad your happy with them matey. It's about an hour and a half for the majority of the hoses then about an hour for those matrix hoses plus de skinned knuckles . When you going to change your avatar to a nice Aussie backdrop?
        Soon Mate, i plan to go and drive the car onto the mile long beach this weekend, take a tinny and get a pic of me by the sea on maybe saturday, maybe sunday (28 Deg. C Saturday, 38 Deg. C Sunday), i got the Audi on the road today, after another 2000 dollars , but i think they have ballsed up and charged me 1300 too much (Payed twice for Stamp Duty i think) but she is sweet, i had to have 3 child anchor points mounted into the boot, but because of the spare wheel my anchor points are fixed to a Rigid bar with custom plates at either end of the bar streatching between the strut tops clamped to the bell housings. (Nice Strut Brace), but i am going to modify it to be removable. And since i flushed the engine, put on my new hoses, and bled it 3 times to be sure (its easy with the bleed valve) the temps stay 86-94 all the time Chuffed to bits.
        Graham
        Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.--:Albert Einstein

Comment

has anyone put the hose instead of TC pump? i am planing to do this until i get new TC pump.......
          Audi Coupe S2 1993
          Audi V8 4.2 1993
          Audi cabrio 1998

Comment

Working...
          X