Please Help Me!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help Me!!!

HI i have an audi s2 3b model which doesnt want to start!Their is a spark and fuel getting their but the engine just wont fire up.I have the replaced the dizzy/coil/temp sensor but still no joy.The car has been in the local garage now for 6 weeks and they had no luck getting it going.Their were slight problems before however a small misfire, and sometimes when you really booted it it seemed like their was not enough fuel getting their and would just cut out.Im now out of ideas and any help would be greatly accepted, as it would be nice to see it running again before christmas!
    dean

nothelle n300,alcon brakes,sachs suspension kit,lots still to be done!

Has the fuel filter been changed and is fuel pump ok
    sigpic

Comment

yep the filter has been replaced and fuel pressure was running3.2 bar!PLease if anyone can help me with this one!
      dean

Comment

if you have a major air leak it will be very difficult to get it to run..maybe a bad engine earth soewhere?have you checked each cylinder for compression??

Comment

Would an air leak stop the engine running altogether?Where bouts should i look for leaks?also where are the engine earth leads located?thanks for your help
          dean

Comment

Faulty MAF?
            Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

Engine grounds are on the inlet manifold. lots of small brown wires.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
              sigpic

Comment

If it was a faulty maf would this stop the engine running completly?COuld you test this by disconnecting the maf sensor and then trying it?
                dean

Comment

checked all engine earths/and for leaks.All is fine.Just wondering now if the timing belt had slipped this would stop the engine running altogether, yet the spark and fuel would still be fine>???????
                  dean

Comment

What codes does it have?

I didn't think Nothelle did 3B S2s?? (I don't know for sure though)
                    S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Have you been able to plug in a diagnostic software system like VAGCOM in to the ECU and see if there are any error codes being reported?

Comment

The local garage tried to plug in but said that they couldnt pull any codes of it.Wll try and see if i can read them off with led .Checked the engine timing and this is all ok.The sparking order however seems to be all over the place.Removed all the plugs and checked them and the sparking order is very inconsistent, although the dizzy/coil have been replaced.Maybe faulty ht leads would stop the engine running, but their was no misfire or faults with the car before it stopped running!Would it be worth trying ht leads????????If not must be a fault with the ecu!And the ecu is different to standard 3b due to the conversion i think?????Anyone with any help on this one please !
                        dean

Comment

Is the dizzy definintely in the right way round? If there's spark, but not at the right times, that sounds suspect? Is it the correct dizzy?

Comment

yep lined it up with the timing mark on the dizzy, and the spark was still inconsistent with the old distributor!The problem is definetly with the spark now im sure!
                            dean

Comment

Has it got the old plastic drive gear in the dizzy still? These are legendary for shearing off - if that's the case and they've gone you'll never get a proper spark?! You can replace the drive gear with a metal one, or replace the whole assembly with a new one

Comment

Working...
                              X