Power Steering oil leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Steering oil leak

could someone tell me how to fix this leak and is it safe to just open this "bolt"? Is there somekind of O-ring seal?
    Attached Files

This is a common problem on the S2. All you have to do is undo the top banjo, then undo the crosshead cap. You can buy the kit from the dealer for a few pounds which has a new cross head cap and 'O' ring. Easy job
    Mark

Race Clio RS197

S2 Coupe ABY (Green) - RIP
    S2 Coupe ABY (Blue) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by rotoryboy
      This is a common problem on the S2. All you have to do is undo the top banjo, then undo the crosshead cap. You can buy the kit from the dealer for a few pounds which has a new cross head cap and 'O' ring. Easy job
      As Mark says "easy job"

You'll be wanting part number "026 145 541" from either vagparts or a dealers. Cost about £2.50 including the vat.
      Old one will need a bit of brute force to free it off. Hammer and chisel works a treat unless you have the right tool.

Click the pic for a bigger image.

Jas
      2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
      2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
      1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

Thanks for advise. Just bought that part for 6,2€.

Comment

ANyone know where I can get another one of these from, my o-rings just perished and fluid ******in out?

Last time i got one for the S2,enquired at dealers, bloke told me I had to buy a complete power steering pump ,ended up getting one from VAG parts. Since they are no more..any ideas?? Have tried very similar o-rings I had lieing around but still not perfect..

cheers

Comment

Part number Mark listed above is what you need, its a kit with a new plug and seal.
            91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
            93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
            94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

The first time i had this problem i replaced just the o ring, screw looked fine I tried several types of high quality o ring all failed !!! replaced it, with kit screw & o ring not had a problem since
              RS 2 580HP

Comment

might be wrong here but pretty sure you should turn the car off and pump the brake pedal to ensure the bomb is depressurised as the fluid in those liines is at very high pressure normally...
                sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Working...
                X