• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look at the Dyno at Picture 46.......

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...t=22861&page=4

Thomas

Comment

• Quick question then.

This is a dyno with my car. Engine spec is as follows.

Stock AAN block.
      Stock AAN pistons.
      H rods.
      ARP bolts throughout.
      New bearings and piston rings and so on.
      Stock head with stock running gear and cam.

PPF manifold.
      Garret turbo charger.
      Kompressor: GT40 0.58 A/R, 48 trim
      Turbine: GT37 0.99 A/R, 73 trim
      1600cc injectors.
      Stock s2 wastegate with 1 bar spring.

Dyno is made at 1.9 bars of boost. After that the backpressure starts building up.
      I like the powerband so that i dont want to hurt that much but maybe some more power and less lag? Would 7A cams be appropriate for this kind of power or is it just a waste?

Graph

Numbers

Comment

• Not bad Mannen

Whats the AR on this Turbo ? Check my results with 7A Cams
        We tried both with Racecams and 7A's must say im impressed , we got 1,2 kg's of boost at the same Rpm's with 7A's

Its not a bad suggestion bro.
        Attached Files
        FEEL THE DIFFERENCE

-Audi S2 " The Sleeper" 704hp 880nm
        -Audi S2 ""Audi S2 Racetrack

Comment

• Originally posted by chipsenter View Post
          Not bad Mannen

Whats the AR on this Turbo ? Check my results with 7A Cams
          We tried both with Racecams and 7A's must say im impressed , we got 1,2 kg's of boost at the same Rpm's with 7A's

Its not a bad suggestion bro.
          Ahh sweet. Did you choose racecams or 7a in the end?
          Theese 7a cams seems more and more interesting.

Comment

• 7A's Man
            FEEL THE DIFFERENCE

-Audi S2 " The Sleeper" 704hp 880nm
            -Audi S2 ""Audi S2 Racetrack

Comment

• Originally posted by chipsenter View Post
              7A's Man
              Sweeeet will have to get me a couple of thoose then Cheers

Comment

• chipsenter, your brother told me about the race-cams...

i will keep my 7a´s for sure

did you change to both 7a or only exhaust cam and some other inlet?

One thing i've learned we are way behind the Scandinavians!

Comment

• Originally posted by lind4hl View Post
                  chipsenter, your brother told me about the race-cams...

i will keep my 7a´s for sure

did you change to both 7a or only exhaust cam and some other inlet?
                  thought the general opinion on running both 7a cams is it makes the car even more rubbish on fuel

Comment

• In an earlier post it was mentioned that using a 7A cam with a map made for AAN cam would make the engine run a bit lean.
                    I have a map made for 7A ex cam, but running with the stock AAN. My AFR is down at 10,4 which is a bit rich. So this seem to be correct.
                    Engine runs BTW very nice.

This is with a GT3071, .63 ar. RS2 ex mani, 3" DP and BN pipes exhaust. 034 chip set. Max boost 1,8 bar.

I will install a 7A ex. cam shortly, but will take some G-tech runs so we can compare.

Comment

• Hi rwilthil, your setup is very interesting. Do you have a project thread somewhere so we can share experiences?

Cheers

Comment

• After reading several pages here, about the 7a cams, i`m a little suprised no one has experimented in timing both cams a little..

I have seen one guy posted that he had changed the cam timing for both (only outside adj. wheel), without any gains, but i cant seem to find anyone that has tampered with BOTH cam timings separately yet..

If anyone can point out any writings/dyno`s on someone`s tweaking the 7a cam timing separately, i would be very interested in this.
                        I`m going to try a little myself, with G-tech, before i hit the dyno.. And i`m not sure if i will go for ADU or 7a cams yet, allthough 7a seems to be prefered by most people.
                        94` RS2 Sedan

Comment

• I have my Original Camshafts here on the table now.

And im asking myself (and you ) how to disassemble the Chain Gear from the cam ???

Comment

• Originally posted by Ola View Post
                            After reading several pages here, about the 7a cams, i`m a little suprised no one has experimented in timing both cams a little..

I have seen one guy posted that he had changed the cam timing for both (only outside adj. wheel), without any gains, but i cant seem to find anyone that has tampered with BOTH cam timings separately yet..

If anyone can point out any writings/dyno`s on someone`s tweaking the 7a cam timing separately, i would be very interested in this.
                            I`m going to try a little myself, with G-tech, before i hit the dyno.. And i`m not sure if i will go for ADU or 7a cams yet, allthough 7a seems to be prefered by most people.
                            They have, Audi_CQ and Repo have posted about changing the timing.

Audi_CQ has posted the timing changes on the forum

Comment

• Originally posted by rash View Post
                              I have my Original Camshafts here on the table now.

And im asking myself (and you ) how to disassemble the Chain Gear from the cam ???
                              Use a heater to expand the chain gear wheel (and be sure not to heat the cam!) and use a rubberhammer hammer it slowly off, working in circles untill it is off. Use extreme caution when doing this
                              Anders - S2 Avant Clubsport - 8pots or die!

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by AndersS2 View Post
                                Use a heater to expand the chain gear wheel (and be sure not to heat the cam!) and use a rubberhammer hammer it slowly off, working in circles untill it is off. Use extreme caution when doing this
                                THX - i guessed/feared to do it in this way...

Comment

Working...
                                X