• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N75 vavle thoughts....

Hi Guys

The parts # listed for the waste gate frequency vavle:

3b: 034906283j
    aby/adu: 034906283K

Martyn or anyone else who knows vag parts #s knows that an increase in letters means there was an upgrade.

Does anyone know the difference between the two vavles?

IT's funny The Golf 1.8T guys use the J vavle as a way of developing more boost. Some admit to it like getting "chipped" again. They will probably over spool the turbos and kill the bearing but they are having fun.

Question I am wondering is this a decent Mod for you 3b guys?

Just food for thought.

Cheers
    Josh
    I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who need reasons when you've got quattro?

It's funny the more I look into this, the more it gets interesting.

The 034906283K
    vavle never came to the states!

For the S4 aan motors:

Ekta has the vavle listed as a 034 906 283 H
    I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who need reasons when you've got quattro?

Comment

Rs4 vavle: is a 026 906 283 H

I wonder what an RS4 would feel like with two K vavles

Comment

Has anyone used vagcom to check duty cycles? with different N75 vavles?

I am a learning machine.

So many little sensors makes me appreciated the simplicity of mechanical fuel injection at times.

Comment

This was discussed a while back though I'm sorry I cant remember what the outcome was, I thought that the 2 valves just had different angles on the pipes.

Oh yeah, Josh, it's va-L-ve not va-V-le

Try a search and see what comes up.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
          sigpic

Comment

Sorry for feeling a bit contradictive each time you post some new stuff Josh

The S2 WGFV (I don't like the N75 word because most people don't even know where it comes from) is an upgrade for the 1.8T guys because it reacts slower and thus allows for more peak boost. I've BTDT myself on a few S3s where the owners wanted more overboost but where I didn't feel like opening the ECU, desoldering and reprogramming the chip one more time.

At high RPMs however, there's a fair amount of chance that you get even less boost, but it all depends on how high boost goes initially and on how much this heats the intake air temps...

Another thing: the S2/S4/RS2 ECU doesn't display any boost control parameters in the measuring blocks. That's a real pity but no WGFV duty cycle nor boost levels are available....

HTH,

Mihnea
            '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
            info@MRCTuning.com
            Workshop Directions

Comment

Mihnea you just cross things off the list of stuff I need to learn furthure.
              I can focus more on kkk Turbo stuff now. Like getting a certain Chra :-)etc

P.S. I can't spell for *****, or rather I don't care to spell properly most of the time people get the point.

Comment

Josh - The different WGFV part numbers for 3B vs ABY is purely down to orientation of pipes. There is only hassle to be had from putting the 'wrong' WGFV on a 3B or ABY engine...

And the only way to measure duty cycle on the WGFV is with an appropriately clever oscilloscope or ADC with the necessary software.

As Mihnea says - neither the 3B or ABY Motronic system provides a visible port to log the WGFV data - bummer really.

Paul
                Paul Nugent
                Webmaster http://S2central.net
                Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

So you guys are saying if we hook up vagcom we will not get any wgfv info>? No block 118?

That sucks.. I will have to look into this more.

Not that I am going to mess with it but it's adjustable? see link:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=262994

Comment

Josh,

Nope, the Motronic M2.3.2 as in the ABYs has no group 118, in fact it has nothing beyond group 10 I think.

That screw thread on VWvortex regarding surging only makes me think of bad chips actually....

Mihnea
                    '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
                    info@MRCTuning.com
                    Workshop Directions

Comment

Working...
                    X