Holsets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Billman
    Anyone know how the Holset turbine housings numbers are?

What is the 3591108 01 164

and what is the 3523066 18 128

Both are turbine housings!
    Holset Replyed: The first one is a 16 Wastegated and the second one a 16 non Wastegated.
    Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Originally posted by AnLe
      And If you bothered to read this far, the point being: as the turbo is "centrifugal force" trusting device, what is better to have lot of wing surface area to the tips of the wings or middle of the wings? Think that and gives an input

(disclaimer: I'm NOT an expert, just one enthustiast and I'm just telling what i THINk)

I think that is why All newer High Flow Turbochargers have on the Compressor Impeler "extended Tip" Design. So that they flow more air, compared to Older and/or smaller turbos.

That why on your turbos you see 6 or 8 blabes but it is much more if you count the small blades lying under them.
      Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

I agree.

shame that more people has not commented, would have liked to know does someone share same ideas or am I totally in the forest with this (Finnish saying)

Comment

You are not Alone. I am sure there are more people here but Whey where Blinded by the Holset Beasts and could not read the Text!!!

Another opinion that is not so Clear to me is following:

Some Say that if the Turbine impeller is Very Big it will be very Laggy because of its Weight. On the other Hand the Big impeller has a Greater Surface that the Gases can apply their Force.

Other opinion On this Matter is that when the Turbine Impeller is big it needs more energy in order to Spin it but when it spinns it is harder for it to stop Spinning and that would mean that when it is on speed it will be harder to stop it (i.e. with small Back pressure Wave on the Compressor wheel) and it will remain a fair amount of Rotational Speed.

What are you saying?

P.S. Searching for Turbo Gasket scetches to make adaptors for the Holset and also thinking to Take an RS2 turbine housing and machine it to take the HX40 65mm wheel. How much do you think is possible with the Machined RS2 turbine housing? Will it be Too restrictive?
          Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

It will be way too restrictive. The thing is tiny compared to e.g. holset #16.

It's probably too small to be even able to machine it for such a big turbine wheel.
            -

Comment

Nearvas did something like this. Take a look here:

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showpos...0&postcount=43

Anyone knows where can i find Flanges for the RS2 EM and the RS2 Downpipe so i can fab adaptors for the Holset?
              Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

I Have to agree with Porkkis here, it is not good idea to mate them up.

My server is down and my holset pictures are offline, so I cannot point it straight out, but the topic you are referring is not an hx40, it is lot smaller, look how the intakehousing is connected, 4 little brackets, hx40 uses v-band.

/edit: and the intake uses "splitted" port where is outer ring and inner ring.

Comment

My Holset with Number Plate saying HX40W have also these Brackets (With the Bolts that hold th eTurbine Housing). (The Compressor side in mine is also Splited-Anti-Surging). This one in the Picture (HX40W with 60mm intake) i found on the Net has also the Bolts and no V-Band.

The HX50 and HX55 have V-Band on the Turbine housing.
                  Attached Files
                  Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

This is your Picture (i had them), just like mine with the Bolts on the Turbine Housing.

Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Does anyone know where can i find Oil lines for the Holset?

Thanks
                      Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Some garrett ones fit. t3 return on a 35.

Comment

You mean that the Return line of a Garrett T3 (or GT35) will fit?
                          Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

The return of a t3 fits a hx35 i have. Also the feed is threadded the same as a garrett GT 20 turbo on mine. Not sure of the thread, but the local hydrolic people had it no problem.

Comment

And how did you managed on the other side where it goes to the Sump? and the oilfilter?

What did you do with the water lines?

How is the HX35 behaving? What Turbine housing do you use and what Exhaust manifold?

Did you have compressor inducer and turbine Exducer diameter?

bye
                              Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

The holset isnt fitted to a s2, its another "project" so i didnt have water lines etc.

hydrolic shops are your friend here....

Comment

Working...
                                X