No announcement yet.

Modifying the Head Gasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So , what is the benefit of lower compression ratio above 6k in lower gears? Or idling or driveability?

I can't see me running above 6k in 6th many times - actually, only if our trips to Germany happen.

I would like to hear others thoughts on doing this - good/bad or don't know?
    S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Originally posted by The Spanish

I want to have the safest setup for the engine so the Metal Headgasket would be better no?

Please enlight me
      You should be able to see the head gasket sticking out of a back corner. Or you should be able to feel those brass rivets under the head at the front sides(the head overlaps the block)

Comment

Originally posted by The Spanish
        Marco and Minhea or anyone else,

For my setup with the RS2 turbo + injectors + Exhaust Manifold should I get the Metal headgasket?
        I thought they were the same on the ABY and ADU
        I want to have the safest setup for the engine so the Metal Headgasket would be better no?

Please enlight me,

Rafael
        Umm, well, your ABY might have the paper head gasket from the factory... I've never had real problems with it but it would be safer for you to run a metal one, as it will slightly drop the compression ratio and allow you to run safely with no knock.

Cheers,

Mihnea
        '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
        info@MRCTuning.com
        Workshop Directions

Comment

Feel for these rivets - if you have them, you have a metal head gasket.

HTH
          Attached Files

Comment

Using 2 head gaskets is a definate NO NO in my books as the head is NOT designed for this
            S2 Avant......fully loaded :rock: :bow: Slipper Wagons Rule !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mihnea
              It's all up to you actually, if you don't go often to 6+k RPMs in 6th gear, then it's not so recommended to drop the CR...
              HEY :eek2: Mihnea, we have speed limits and cameras that nail are arses!! That would be prison time for doing that. Wouldn't catch me doing that whilst chip tuning Thats about 150-160mph??? Nop, not me, i never go over 60mph
              sigpic
              Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
              Audi UR Quattro
              Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
              Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
              Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Working...
              X