Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are the fuel tank located in the S2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are the fuel tank located in the S2?

In the trunk, where is the fuel tank located? Is it to the left or the right if you are standing behind the car looking into the trunk?

Is the fuel tank made of plastic?

Jonas
    Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

It is in the trunk/boot and it is under a sheet of metal - about 7 screws holding that on - under the carpet. It is made of metal.
    Attached Files
    S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Alrite cool...
      Another question:
      The spare whell is to the left of the fuel tank. Whell i need to dril to holes to mount an amplifier. The amplifier is going to be placed where the spare whell are. Down there is a metal flanche and i want to drill to holes in that one. Is that oki, i mean the fuel tank is isolated right?

Is a bit hard to explain.

Jonas
      Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

I think you might be able to see from underneath if there is a gap/and how big a gap between the fuel tank and the spare wheel well. Check and double check!

Comment

Can you tell me if the fuel tank is isolated? I mean is there a tank under the metal in the trunk or are the metal in the trunk the walls for the fuel tank?

Jonas
          Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

What you see in the picture is the tank and that can be lifted out - I am not sure if there is another layer of metal underneath or to the side - I've never taken one out.

Comment

Hmmm oki... I will have look tomorrow then.
              Thx

Jonas
              Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

i just nailed my amps to the back of seats (not nailed but u get the piccie)...

tump.. tump... tump tump tump tump... base is in the aiiiiir.........
                ABY Coupe
                sigpic

Comment

Jonas,
                  the fuel tank is a standard fuel tank. It rests on the boot floor. There is a metal cover which is screwed down on top of the fuel tank. I know I have had mine out.

There is not enough room in the boot for amplifiers, it is too small as it is.

However, there is space in the rear side panels for an amplifier. You would need to pump cooling air into it this area. If not you could use them as a sub woofer enclosure.

David

Comment

Working...
                  X