Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to test for leaks?

How can i test my car for air leaks?

I have a compressor, but i dont now where i can put in air and check for leaks, cuz something is wrong.

Side question:
    Where can i find the plugs for ECU, etc? So i can clean them?
    Can i clean the MAF? if yes how do i do and where is it? A picture would be nice.

Best Regards

Jonas R.
    Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Jonas,
    heres a thread regarding maf cleaning
    http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...=&threadid=993

HTH
    martin

Comment

Re: How to test for leaks?

Originally posted by Jonas_R
      How can i test my car for air leaks?

I have a compressor, but i dont now where i can put in air and check for leaks, cuz something is wrong.

Side question:
      Where can i find the plugs for ECU, etc? So i can clean them?
      Can i clean the MAF? if yes how do i do and where is it? A picture would be nice.

Best Regards

Jonas R.
      Hi Jonas,

First, congrats. You must own one of the first S2's in Copenhagen. I live on the other side of the bridge - the nice side

1 - Air leaks are easy. You just need a plug. Look at the thing Marco made. Otherwise, send me an email and I will send you a digital pic of something I made out of stainless steel.

You disconnect the rubber tube at the MAF, put in the plug and pressurize. Then you listen for where the air is leaking out. You can also sink the car in water and look for bubbles.

Use as much pressure as you have boost 1,5 is good.

2 - The plugs for the ECU are inside the car on the passenger side. If you sit in the passenger seat, your toes will point up to where the ECU is. You have to pull back the carpet and swear a lot, but it comes out.

BTW, if you want to install a boost gauge, a good time to do it is while the ECU is out.

HTH

Rich

Comment

Well i not the first one i copenhagen Sadly...

Thx for the info, iam planing right now to buy the samco hose kit for the 3B when it's going to be aviable...

It would be nice if you would send me a picture or perhaps the testing tool?

Btw when i clean the MAF, is it only the plugs or do i have to take the hose off and clean the MAF itself?

Best Regards

Jonas R
        Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas_R

It would be nice if you would send me a picture or perhaps the testing tool?

Btw when i clean the MAF, is it only the plugs or do i have to take the hose off and clean the MAF itself?

Best Regards

Jonas R
          The MAF is a hollow pipe with a tiny wire inside. The wire sometimes gets oil and crud on it so it can't "feel" the air blowing past. I haven't done this myself so check around. I think some people soak the MAF is alcohol or carburator cleaner - something to dissolve the crud and oil. Then dry it out completely before you use it.

I will send the pic.

Comment

Working...
          X