Help identifying ?Stock? parts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help identifying ?Stock? parts!

Well can someone tell me if this is a stock S2 intercooler? If yes then i guess if i want i can order som new hoses from the Airbox to the turbo, from the turbo to the ic and from the ic to the intake...

Pictures:
    The hose from the turbo to the intercooler
    http://www.skumlern.dk/ic/hose1.jpg

The intercooler:
    http://www.skumlern.dk/ic/IC.jpg
    http://www.skumlern.dk/ic/ic2.jpg

I just clean my MAF and that seemed to help on the overboost protection problem... However i dont mind by new hoses, does samco or something like that make hoses for the s2 3b?

Jonas
    Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Samco's are in the process of being developed for the 3B by SFS in luton.

And yes, thats a standard 3B Intercooler. Its smaller than the ABY and smaller still compared to RS2 IC
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Alrite cool!

Anyway would it give any extra horsepower to get a larger intercooler?

Jonas
      Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

Ohh yeah by the way, what is the timeline for the samcos?

Jonas
        Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

timeline for samco's im not sure. Best to check the thread on that one. I think its in the turbo section off top of my head.

Larger intercooler will help with heatsoak in traffic etc and on hot days etc will help the engine to run more efficiently.

I still have my old S2 ABY IC for sale if your not going to up the power loads and goto RS2 spec and beyond.

Greg
          Greg

Comment

Well my car is already at RS2 spec 310 BHP 420 NM

I mean i dont have heat problems that iam aware off

But does the aby intercooler fit perfectly or what? Guess an RS2 intercooler would be even better...

Jonas
            Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

Well it would defintely be worth uprating your IC if your running that power.

The turbo running higher boost will be heating the air more as it compresses it to a larger extent and heat increasing also. So cooling it better is an advantage.

RS2 IC is fitted and the engines on those run 315 as stock. S2 aby 230 as you know but IC is good for about 300 apprently.

To fit them you will just need to modify the mounting on the cross member at one end to take it.

RS2 IC is a few hundred new and mine is yours for £100 depends on what you want to spend really.
              Greg

Comment

Jonas_R: Btw if you need thouse hoses you posted earler I have some of them as spare items. Could sell

Vadim.
                Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

Thx Greg i'll think about it

Att: Sweeper: seems the problem went away when i cleaned the MAF So no need for stock hoses. I'll wait till the SFS 3B hose kit arriwes.

/Jonas
                  Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

Jonas_R: Great news. It's always some tiny-shainy little thing that gone wild
                    Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

Working...
                    X