Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roose motorsport boost hoses for an ABY don't seem to fit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roose motorsport boost hoses for an ABY don't seem to fit.

I've spent the day swearing at my car trying to change the boost hoses over to silicone ones since i developed a boost leak from a broken down hose. Waited 5 weeks for these things to turn up and they don't seem to be quite right. Has anyone else fitted these?

The largest boot from the maf to the turbo seems to be quite a way out and I can't get everything connected up. I've stuck a pic up here, I've tried various orientations and can't get it right. Pop the old boot on and it all fits beautifully.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

I have just ordered my first set of coolant hoses. I hope they are not THAT bad

Comment

as i remember right you need to cut a few centimeter from the turbo side and then it will fit ... oh and i had to cut the headlight holder few centimeters..

Comment

I was perhaps naive to think they would fit without fettling. I was on a time constraint as well to get the car back together so I've put the original back on and it's holding boost well, so at least I know it wasn't this one. I'll have a measure up tomorrow because you can at least do this one easily from the top and see if I can get enough room before I start hacking up an expensive hose that might not fit at all.

Comment

I have the same hoses on my ABY don't remember having to much trouble fitting them. I'd be very surprised if they have changed anything but they are hand made. Before you cut them around can i suggest calling the company. I have water hoses and boost hoses very happy with them and will get more water hoses from them. You also have to remember that they are a lot thicker walled that the standard hoses so you will have to fight them on. Are all the holes on the hoses the right size. If they are then it should fit. Hope you get to the bottom of it best regards Lynn.

Comment

i am have problems with one of there water hose the one that goes from block to heater seems to be wrong diameter on block end
            RS 2 580HP

Comment

I remember it was also a difficult fit, and had to modify it somewhat to make it fit on my ABY

https://www.s2forum.com/forum/member...26#post1313526

Comment

Everything fits into the holes just about, but that breather to the cam cover just can't be connected up. I didn't have too much trouble getting any of them on really. It was super hot and sunny so I left the hoses on the drivers seat of the car and selected them as I needed them, they were nice and warm and soft from the hot car.

Also the logo logo is upside down on the hose that goes to the solid pipe to the throttle body. So if I do get this maf boot connected up, the two logos side by side will be different to each other. Nicely planned out...

I'll give then a ring tomorrow and see what they suggest.

Thanks for the replies.

Comment

Haven't replaced the hoses on mine yet, but was thinking of using plastic drain pipe or heating copper pipe for long runs of the boost hose, as it would be more robust. Then use short rubber sections just at the ends. Use the standard plastic pipe cement to glue together after loosly fitting and marking. Don't know how well it would work, but plastic should handle the temperature fine...

Comment

Would turning the hose on the turbo anticlockwise help?

Comment

I spoke to a helpful chap at Roose today, he was confused by my problem and said it's a very popular kit that he's never had a complaint on before. He's requested lots of photo's of both hoses from all angles to try and figure out what's up but I think it looks like I might be able to get the clearance I need by chopping it down a bit.

I don't believe I gained anything from rotating the hose on the turbo either direction. I spent about 10 minutes farting around with it trying to get that breather pipe connected up but it's not having it as it is.

Comment

Have they sent you a 3B hose instead of ABY?
                        sigpic
                        1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                        1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                        1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

i have to say I was thinking the same...
                          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

I got a 3B hose kit for 1991 S2 with the 3B engine and had to modify the metal breather pipe that comes in to the side of the hose between MAF to turbo inlet pipe. Roose motorsport boost hoses don't fit ABY or 3B engines

Comment

We had similar issues with the original batches of the Samcos too if i remember...likely to do with age and condition of the donor hoses. Have to expect some diy but shouldnt be a nightmare...
                              sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X