No announcement yet.

Best Turbo for a rally S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that that is a reasonable power figure for a gt30 based turbo. It just can't flow over 500hp efficiently on the exhaust side, so having a compressor that flows more does nothing but cause lag. Obviously exotic fuel help push the turbine side. V power is a good fuel, so you are close to maximum. You may be able to find another few hp, but the harder you push the closer you get to knock and engine damage.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Comment

Wee Will se What happens plans was to get a head build and get some cams and some adjustable cam gear and wheel and get it dialed in
      it Will get pushed as much as it Can
      but i some times regret that i didnt go for a 35 instead
      time Will Tell
      still Think that a gtx3076 gen 2 should push
      morr than 500 Maybe with a bigger turbine housing than 0.82

Comment

With a 1.06 rear housing you will be able to make more power. All the head work and cams in the world won't allow the turbine to flow more. The turbine is your restricting element, plane and simple.

In my opinion even an old gt30r compressor is near the limit of a gt30 0.82 turbine on pump fuel. So if you want more power then you need the bigger housing and live with extra lag. That is where your gen2 gtx will be able to out power a gt30r. Or you get a smaller modern billet compressor such as a gtx3071r gen 2 fitted and keep the 0.82 housing . You will still make the same power on pump fuel but will have more torque and better response.

The gt30 and gt35 turbines seems to work best in a 0.82 housing. The larger and smaller housings do help move the power around a bit but 0.82 seems the best compromise.

Comment

Okay i Will find out Then

Comment

Yes I'm genuinely interested in your results. Always ready to be proven wrong and re-educate.

Comment

Hehe Will post it to you

Comment

Perhaps some interesting info in this thread. Different engine, but still relevant.

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/...f=66&t=1395789

Comment

Originally posted by s2dk View Post
                  Engine is Stock aby with upgrade rods
                  ex mani is turbular But dont know who build it
                  inlet is full 3” piping with ported tb and a furans full race manifold
                  840 cc@3 bar running 2 bar at max on 99 vpower

i still Think there should be alot more power let with a better map made
                  Really good.

Comment

Originally posted by diesel des View Post
                    Perhaps some interesting info in this thread. Different engine, but still relevant.

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/...f=66&t=1395789

Thanks a lot!

Comment

really good reading on thepiston head site.. thx des

Comment

Working...
                      X