Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TTRS/RS3 2.5T CZG engine.. will it go into an RS2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TTRS/RS3 2.5T CZG engine.. will it go into an RS2?

Hi all.
    I have stumbled upon a friend of mine who has a engine from his TTRS that he wants to sell to me.
    Is there anybody whos put the recent 2.5t 5cyl turbo engines into a S2/RS2/UR?
    It could be quite a good engine to run daily and to preserve my rs2 engine, since my stock RS2 engine has under 30k miles
    Thanks

Iroz motorsport has one in their quattro. They also sell most of the items needed for the conversion.

Comment

Has anyone on here done it?
      cheers

Comment

If you have an RS2 I'd leave the standard engine in it and enjoy it and value it.

RS2 cars are now worth a good bit of money and it would be significantly devalued with an engine swop even if done nicely, which would not be easy. oem is where the monetary value is.

Much better to keep the RS2 as it and put the 07K engine into a regular V6 Audi 80 Quattro Avant - or V6 quattro saloon.

Just my opinion.

Comment

Agree Macspring, also need to think about wiring being cut into as doubt it's plug and play and any other things that need changing or replacing that all has to be put back at some stage.....
          IMHO

Comment

Yep agreed. Was wondering if it’s alot of work, as I would be wanting to keep the oem engine aswell due to it being such low mileage and me wanting to drive the car... as it seems it’s quite a hassle and not so easy to do, there may be potential project car to use the 2.5t lump

Comment

Project car....
              https://www.s2forum.com/forum/member...-rolling-shell

Comment

Originally posted by Stankindustries
                Has anyone on here done it?
                cheers
                Iroz has everything you need to convert from across the car to longitudinal.

I think Tom (Audiman) may be converting his S2 coupe.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                sigpic

Comment

Basic 07k facts:
                  http://www.theprojectpad.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=244

07k longitudinal swap:
                  http://www.theprojectpad.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2116

Iroz Motorsports 07k UrQ:
                  http://www.theprojectpad.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1032

Jim Green's 90q 20vt - 636whp 07k:
                  http://www.theprojectpad.com/viewtop...=73&start=2450
                  Find me on Instagram @pry4sno
                  2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// #farmenwagen
                  2002 Dodge Ram 2500 24v Cummins 4x4
                  1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
                  1990 Cq /// Project: Because Racecar

Comment

Basically agree with the sentiment that the RS2 is a special beast worth leaving intact. The new motor is incredible (for example, the new head's flow starts where the old 20vt head ends at a stage 4 CNC port job), but likely better served in a more disposable/cost effective chassis. Granted, you could design the swap in/out to be plug and play, but the body is a lot more rare on an RS2 than it is on a B3/B4 20vq coupe or sedan.

Comment

I’m in the process of doing this on my S2 coupe. Engine build is underway and then “just” needs fitting
                      sigpic
                      Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                      Audi UR Quattro
                      Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
                      Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
                      Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Nice, I saw the iroz motorsport 07k quattro and it looks absolutely epic.
                        I have been speaking with Blux, regarding his RS2 shell
                        Also been looking for a quattro audi gt coupe shell. Seems like it could be probably one of the best useable conversions, the 2.5t in the RS3/TTRS is incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by PRY4SNO View Post
                          Basically agree with the sentiment that the RS2 is a special beast worth leaving intact. The new motor is incredible (for example, the new head's flow starts where the old 20vt head ends at a stage 4 CNC port job), but likely better served in a more disposable/cost effective chassis.
                          Is this your opinion (based on power output?) or do you have flow measurements?

Dutter installed already the Gen2 engine in RA4 b5. Also have seen R32 turbo engines in Audi 80 chassis’s. So would expect no drama when you install 5 cylinder.
                          Only know both gens need a better crankshaft at high power applications. Gen 2 dutter replaced the bedplate too.

Comment

Originally posted by Stankindustries
                            Also been looking for a quattro audi gt coupe shell.
                            GT is fwd.
                            5vtq gte

Comment

Originally posted by Acki View Post

Is this your opinion (based on power output?) or do you have flow measurements?

Dutter installed already the Gen2 engine in RA4 b5. Also have seen R32 turbo engines in Audi 80 chassis’s. So would expect no drama when you install 5 cylinder.
                              Only know both gens need a better crankshaft at high power applications. Gen 2 dutter replaced the bedplate too.
                              Just going off what I've been seeing over the last couple years... basically from Youtube vids, reading the press and people's build threads.

Comment

Working...
                              X