Trigger setup Vipec V88 Audi S2 2.5 tall black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trigger setup Vipec V88 Audi S2 2.5 tall black

Anyone got the complete trigger setup for an Audi S2 tall block (diesel block) running ViPec V88?
    Crankshaft trigger wheel got 5(?) air gaps and are located inside the engine (see picture). Crankshaft sensor has got two wires (reluctor) even though I'm not sure it's the correct one.

The distributor works as a camshaft trigger (hall sensor)

May very well be the same options/settings in f.ex Autronic.

I'm asking cause I just mounted the 2.5 engine and can't get any spark. Worked fine with the old 2.2 3B-engine.

Thanks.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

What signal is the trigger decoder looking for? What is it looking at for a TDC reference? You need a crank TDC reference and a cam position reference.
    I can't see how a 5 gap trigger wheel off the crank gives you a TDC reference. I think this is your problem.
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Looks like there is a pin on the flywheel ?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
      sigpic

Comment

Is the dizzy hall sensor definitely timed at TDC comp cyl 1?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
          What signal is the trigger decoder looking for? What is it looking at for a TDC reference? You need a crank TDC reference and a cam position reference.
          I can't see how a 5 gap trigger wheel off the crank gives you a TDC reference. I think this is your problem.

That may be the problem and I also suspect this is for a Hall-sensor, not the reluctor sensor that came with the engine.
          Funny thing is I do get a signal on trigger readings in the ViPec settings (goes green) when cranking. Anyone know if it's possible to use the Hall-sensor in the distributor as å TDC-reference?

I'm sure someone has struggled with this earlier and know what to do.

Sensor mounted on the side og the engine and has part # 074 906 433. Anyone got a good parts catalog wich shows if sensor/trigger wheel is a match...?
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

The ECU needs to know TDC position, engine speed (rpm) and cam position to calculate fuel and ignition time. As far as I can see your setup has no way to determine TDC.
            You can’t use the dizzy (cam) for TDC reference as it is turning at half crank speed.
            You can use the TDC pin on the flywheel. Or why not fit the 60-2 wheel / rear crank seal?
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

"You can’t use the dizzy (cam) for TDC reference as it is turning at half crank speed."
              yes you can and this is the way LINK describes in manual

Vipec or Link supports only two trigger inputs. If you don't use a 60-2 trigger wheel, you have to use the camshaft sensor for TDC.

This is the way all Link/Vipec engines run with original 135th Auditrigger. But I dont linke this solution. I had trouble to get a rockstable timing with Auditrigger on my S2. But this was hardware related and not an LINK issue.

Better use 60-2

Link Auditrigger 135/Cam Sensor as TDC S2 first start -->

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqobBTFdFmg
              [__]=oooo=[__]

Comment

Interesting
                So you have timing inaccuracy due to belt flex, gear/chain lash etc? Seems pretty crap!
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Anyone got the part (and number) list for the items needed for a 60-2 setup on the rear crankshaft end ?

Comment

Originally posted by TurboTore View Post
                    Anyone got the part (and number) list for the items needed for a 60-2 setup on the rear crankshaft end ?
                    I have a full unused set here on my desk. Audi Trigger Flange with Hella sensor - you can buy if you want.
                    [__]=oooo=[__]

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                      Interesting
                      So you have timing inaccuracy due to belt flex, gear/chain lash etc? Seems pretty crap!
                      I had a different issue - the ignition timing was jumping approx 10 degr. at a given rpm. I did no further investigation on the Auditrigger. Next S2 car we do with the Link will have 60-2. The car in the video got back its VEMS. Link was only present in this car to test functionality.
                      Last edited by blackS2; 21 March 2018, 15:09.
                      [__]=oooo=[__]

Comment

Parts are ordered.

Anyone knows exactly in which position to mount the trigger wheel on the crankshaft?

Comment

what is better rear crank seal with trigger or flywheel with trigger pattern on the side?

Comment

I think the best solution is to have easy access to all of your triggers. Front mounted on your pulley

Comment

As long not as your trigger wheel isn’t mounted on the harmonic damper, otherwise it moves in relation to the crank
                              Indigo ABY coupé
                              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                              X