Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB - New RS2 Fuel Pressure Regulator, but NLA ? - Ideas

Hi Guys,

Looking to source a new RS2 Fuel Pressure Regulator - Main dealer advises it is NLA.

Asked local decent motor factors who have said that their Bosch Rep advised that the Bosch version of this item is discontinued.

Want to use it on a friend's RS2+ that is difficult to start and appears to be running rich with an S2 4.0 bar regulator and so we're thinking that the cure hopefully is the fitting of an RS2 3.8 bar regulator ?

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

you can get one from audi tradition. i also have one new and would be willing to sell it

Comment

Still available. Its a Porsche 993 part

Bosch - 0 280 160 616
      Porsche - 993 110 199 01
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Porsche dealer

Comment

Thanks guys, Porsche Centre parts person is off today and will phone me Monday.

Everyday seems like a week when you can't get to drive an S car that you own.

Anyway..............

Hopefully it has a positive effect rather than "makes no difference".

Last edited by macspring; 12 May 2018, 12:48.

Comment

Has the ECU definitely got the right R201 resistor for the chipset? There’s some confusion with “RS2+” chipsets, I reckon some are built on standard hardware and some on RS2 hardware with different R201 value.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
            sigpic

Comment

Hi Guys,

Can I ask what pressure is the Bosch fuel pressure regulator 0 280 160 542 and what Audi car is it normally fitted to ?

Thanks for any help.

Comment

The difference in fueling is 2.5%. It is so miniscule that it will never fix or change cold start, your problem is elsewhere.
                If you want a 3.8 bar regulator, buy a standard 3 bar one and hammer mod it until it does 3.8.
                http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Originally posted by macspring
                  Hi Guys,

Looking to source a new RS2 Fuel Pressure Regulator - Main dealer advises it is NLA.

Asked local decent motor factors who have said that their Bosch Rep advised that the Bosch version of this item is discontinued.

Want to use it on a friend's RS2+ that is difficult to start and appears to be running rich with an S2 4.0 bar regulator and so we're thinking that the cure hopefully is the fitting of an RS2 3.8 bar regulator ?

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

If it's mad rich then I would wonder if the mapping is done with correct injectors - wouldn't be first time that someone has got different shades of green injectors mixed up.

E.g owner says he car has RS2 green injectors (360cc@3bar) but actually they have the different shade of green 440cc injectors fitted. Then there is another "green giant" used in Volvo applications which is different again but I cannot remember details.
                  Paul Nugent
                  Webmaster http://S2central.net
                  Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                  2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                  2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Working...
                  X