No announcement yet.

Does this sound like a dying fuel pump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers Lynn. yeah it's great that the car is driving properly now in that respect. I'm booked in today for a 4 wheel alignment as I changed the springs for 4 slightly lower ones recently, whilst doing the top mounts, and I suspect I need this done now. The car looks good but I'm not sure I like the ride, which is very hard now. And i'm doing 800km each weekend!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    1990 CQ20v
    2001 3.0 B6 A4 Avant Quattro Sport

Comment

Good work mate, I cut a flap in the plastic rad shroud to do this job on my coupe. That was I while back before I fitted a big rad and binned the shroud

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
      sigpic

Comment

Great minds thinking alike, and all that!
        I managed to crack mine when doing the radiator, straight through that gap for the hose, so that worked quite nicely
        1990 CQ20v

Comment

This thread adds a bit more weight to the donut knock sensor working in the 7a. This is great news as the supposedly unique to 7a knock sensors are impossible to buy new and getting steep second hand. New donut sensors are readily available and another vote from you for them working! ​​​​​​. Interested to hear longer term updates maybe with different fuels to see if they adjust timing like they should...

Comment

glad to contribute
            The car definitely pulls like it's supposed to now but I'll report back on the long-term prospects later. Driving 370km the trip before I changed the sensors, took 7/8 of the tank. After changing the sensors it took a bit less than 3/4, and I had my foot down at times, enjoying being able to overtake with confidence again.
            One of my old knock sensors had been replaced at some point because it had the wrong colour connector. I don't know which sensor was at fault but I'm happy both have been changed now.
            1990 CQ20v

Comment

Working...
            X