No announcement yet.

Engine lumpy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I can modify / repair an existing harness or make a new engine harness - unfortunately the OEM engine harness is a single piece so requires cutting / splicing or a connector adding so a plug n play solution isn't possible in this instance.
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

FIXED. ​​​​​​

Today I put a set of new bosch injectors in to replace the set i got from 034 with the adapters. That was 8.5 years ago and probably 100,000 (though I didn't write down what the mileage was at the time)

It has to be one of the easiest jobs on a 7a and literally took 5 minutes!

First start lumpy still but I put that down to air purging as now, some 6 hours of cooling off time later I've just tried it again and it started after 2 turns and idled smoothly. A short drive shows me the hesitation and jerkiness which seemed to coincide with the starting delay has also gone, Idle smoother as well so all is good.

Conclusion is that injectors 1 and 4 were over fuelling or spraying jets rather than a mist.

I know AutoDoc get a slating some times but this set arrived in 8 days from Germany and cost £134 all in which I think is pretty good considering an ultrasonic clean alone will cost you £60-70.

Now time to carry on running in miles before I go in search of mapping...

Comment

You can post me the injectors and I can clean them and test for you for free if you want your call. You can get new filters and I can pop them in also.

Comment

Pm'd

Comment

Originally posted by steve briance View Post

FIXED. ​​​​​​
            Thanks to you from all of us for updating as regards the cure !

Enjoy the goodness of it.

Comment

Nice one!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
              sigpic

Comment

Which part number did you end up using?

Comment

It was a direct replacement for the 034 kit - 0 280 155 759. These are 315cc/min at 3 bar which may be a little rich unless you have other mods that need more fuel. There is a grey version (with a number that escapes me) which is closer to factory but I've got a gas flowed head with valve and guide work so for me they seem to work alright to be honest, they seemed o.k in the old standard head.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Regardless, the ECU will fuel based on the MAF’s air mass measurement
                      Hopefully the trim range is enough to compensate with the 02 sensor though
                      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                      Indigo ABY coupé
                      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Yep, you are right - if the lambda / ecu can control down the amount of fuel the injectors squirt then it shouldn't matter too much what spec they are, the only thing I think could make a difference is that I read the lambda is redundant on wide open throttle and during the warm up phase.

When setting ecu baseline mixture, the procedure of putting fuse in top of fuel pump relay apparently 'fools' the system to assume a running temperature of 80deg c irrespective of what it actually is while doing it. 80deg c seems to be the magic figure!

Comment

Working...
                        X