Audi S2 running rich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi S2 running rich

A couple of month ago i bought an Audi S2 avant -94. The car had a fire under the hood and some cables was broken. Anyway, everything is fixed now, and the car is runnig, but i have one issue. When I push the throttle to the max the car just cut.. its fine as long as I has the throttle at 3/4

boost leak.... 100%

search the forum for boost leak testing...
    Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
    S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
    '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

I did test it already but didn't found any leaks. Can it have something to do with MAF or the O2 sensor? Or is it like you say 100% a leak?

Comment

Btw - what happens if i connect the charcoal canister wrong? I mean - if i plug in the returnline at the wrong spot?

Comment

Do you have VCDS/VagCom?
          Where in Sweden are you located?
          Audi S2 -1994 | 480 Hp 650 Nm | FlexFuel | MaxxECU | 3" Stainless | Porsche GT3 Front Brakes
          http://www.garaget.org/?car=52877

Comment

Originally posted by k.alle View Post
            Do you have VCDS/VagCom?
            Where in Sweden are you located?
            No, I don't have it. I live in Kramfors, 80km North of Sundsvall

Comment

how did you test for leaks exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by LHD_Kid View Post
                how did you test for leaks exactly?
                Took of the hose from the turbo, plugged it with a clamp and pressurize it with a compressor .

Comment

you mean where the MAF fits? in which case i guess you should have found sonething.... it held 1 bar ok for a while?

Comment

This is a short clip.

Comment

ahhh.... my apologies, i assumed you meant full throttle while actually driving!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LHD_Kid View Post
                        ahhh.... my apologies, i assumed you meant full throttle while actually driving!!!!
                        Same thing when I drive. But the car is exactly the same when I disconnect the MAF, do maybe that's the problem.

Comment

Hummm -

My S2 was running rich - failed the MOT. After changing numerous items - turned out to be the MAF.
                          Previous readings showed Lam at 1:0 but spiking upwards and running at 1:27 ish.
                          After MAF change now running 0.989 to 1:00 and feels generally all round better to drive.
                          Not saying this is THE answer but it solved mine.
                          The limitation of data on VAG-COM is problematic at times.

Comment

Originally posted by Bosscat View Post
                            Hummm -

My S2 was running rich - failed the MOT. After changing numerous items - turned out to be the MAF.
                            Previous readings showed Lam at 1:0 but spiking upwards and running at 1:27 ish.
                            After MAF change now running 0.989 to 1:00 and feels generally all round better to drive.
                            Not saying this is THE answer but it solved mine.
                            The limitation of data on VAG-COM is problematic at times.
                            I'm pretty sure it's the MAF on my car. Will try to find a new one and see.

Comment

I just changed the MAF and the car is running worse than before .When I disconnect the car runs fine except I can't floor it without limping. What else can it be?!

Comment

Working...
                              X