Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanted advice and potential purchase of software to run a K24 7400.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted advice and potential purchase of software to run a K24 7400.

I have a couple of K24 7400 hybrids I've put together and a chap in the states is very interested in one, however he like me needs advice on software and who to get it from, I was kinda planning on keeping one unit for myself just to try it out before going MUCH bigger but it may also be for sale soon.

i'm going to tune my B3 conversion in stages starting off with a stock K24 and software to iron out any bugs, the next stage will be an RS2 hybrid with 56mm #6 hot-side and a billet comp wheel so I may as well jump straight to using that unit as I have software for it. The final stage will be some sort of K27/8/9 hybrid but that's a little way down the line and I'm yet to finalise the spec for this old school monster.

Anyway....He's running a 3B in a 1991 200 20VT and wants to stick with the stock ECU for the time being, not sure if it's an Auto or not but I'll find out. I don't know what injectors he has or is planning on using but i'd imagine RS2 items or Green Giants would both work well with the right mapping for a 7400 along with a four bar FPR. I know he's going to have to upgrade to at least a 2.5K MAP sensor but that's straight forward enough.

I know a couple of members are running these turbos on 3B's as well as ABY's with good results. Please could someone point me in right direction for a good safe chip set, his target power is 330/340 which I think can be realistically achieved with the Volvo hybrid.
    1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

RS2 ADU configuration is the closest match to 7400 among off-the-shelf solutions. I know a couple of cars running with such setups at my place.
    The better and best way is custom remap of course.
    As far as i know there is no fixed off-the-shelf chip for 7400 sold by anyone. Correct me if I'm wrong, because I'm interested in such software too.

Comment

I'm sure there was a Scandinavian member who had software specific to the 7400, I just can't remember his name. I know Gordon is running one on his 3B I'll ask him what he's got in his ECU.
      1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
      1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
      1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
      1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

This member is probably porkkis from Finland.
        I've read here on the forum that he could provide 7400 software for 3B ECU, not sure about ABY/AAN ECU (which my mind is thinking of ). That should be exactly what is needed.

Comment

PM sent

Comment

PRJ mod the ecu. Then go bat **** crazy tuning it
            sigpic
            Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
            Audi UR Quattro
            Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
            Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
            Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Working...