Tuning options for stock s2 avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuning options for stock s2 avant

Hi guys, could someone advise me on the most important parts that should be upgraded on a stock s2? Also for a bit more power how far can I take stock turbo and injectors etc? Who is the preferred UK tuner for s2’s? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Start with the brakes

Comment

Definitely brakes, a home fry or generic chip will get you 280 and minimal lag,make sure there are no boost leaks etc.

next up i would look at suspension setup for bushes, alignment, top mounts, shocks etc. If you have the budget coilovers.

then exhaust before turbo changes etc.
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Then a Wagner RS2 exhaust manifold and an RS2 / RS2 size downpipe.

Assumes all your boost and water pipes are fresh especially the small water return rubber pipe under the inlet manifold. The bypass valve should be replaced unless you know it is new / very fresh. The Mark H mod should be made to the existing intercooler. And you have NGK spark plugs and that they are tight.

HTH a bit.

Last edited by macspring; 23 September 2018, 22:18.

Comment

I have an old Avant Koni kit, if U want. Very cheap.
          photobucket SUCKS
          sigpic

Comment

First step is to make sure your car is running 100% correctly - (very few are)
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
              First step is to make sure your car is running 100% correctly - (very few are)
              Yep deffo first thing to check
              I would recommend this guys as probably the only go to uk tuner
              http://www.automarkuk.com/

ABY Cricket Green Pearl Coupe, blk leather
              THE ONLY TROUBLE WITH DOING NOTHING IS KNOWING WHEN YOUR FINISHED!!!

Comment

For Motronic tuning at least. Plenty of folk who can do an excellent job using aftermarket ECUs.
                Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by macspring View Post
                  Then a Wagner RS2 exhaust manifold and an RS2 / RS2 size downpipe.

Assumes all your boost and water pipes are fresh especially the small water return rubber pipe under the inlet manifold. The bypass valve should be replaced unless you know it is new / very fresh. The Mark H mod should be made to the existing intercooler. And you have NGK spark plugs and that they are tight.

HTH a bit.

RS2 size DP? This dosent give anything even with RS2 EM. After DP 3" exhaust is good option.
                  Why you would change bypass valve? If its gone then this will make sound. Or you mean that its better some other bypass than oem?

Comment

Hi ristokru, I accept that a custom 3" inch downpipe is better than a RS2 downpipe, but it should be remembered that a 2.75" RS2 downpipe is better than a 2.5" inch ABY downpipe.

Also a RS2 downpipe is a bolt on fit to the two ABY cats or two cat bypass pipes compared to the more commonly available style of a 3" inch downpipe which ends in a single outlet which 'causes' more work to connect the 3" inch pipe to the oem ABY exhaust. I also appreciate that a custom 3" inch exhaust system with deal with the issue and give more power, but the op may not want the extra expense or generally the extra noise.

The main reason for the suggestion of replacing the by pass valve with a new one - either oem or aftermarket as one prefers - is to draw line in the sand so that the op knows it is fresh and working correctly, as part of the essential work of making sure that the op's existing ABY engine is working properly as it did when it left the factory before starting to make any changes as Error says.

Comment

Great information guys. I really appreciate the advice. A few photos to share the car with you.
                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 5 photos.

Comment

I am thinking that I keep everything stock apart from remap and wheels. It’s getting some new wings and a tidy paint wise. Would stock s4 injectors from a b5 for the heads/mani? I am wondering whether I increase the fuel pressure map sensor and add injectors then go for a remap what I could achieve. I would probably use mark at Automark in Yorkshire...

Comment

Originally posted by Henkjan View Post
                          Start with the brakes
                          Brakes are 996 fronts. Not sure on discs...

Comment

People dont seem to recommend MRC Tuning??

Comment

Originally posted by tango123 View Post
                              People dont seem to recommend MRC Tuning??
                              MRC use to do more with the S2's but there is more to be done with more modern vehicles and S2's often have a list of things to fix before you get to tuning.
                              Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Working...
                              X