Tuning options for stock s2 avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ap83 View Post
    Great information guys. I really appreciate the advice. A few photos to share the car with you.
    Looks like a nice example. Are you going to replace the headlining with a similar colour
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

I saw a guy today who said it should go back on fine with the correct adhesive??? Not sure if I need to take it out the car though?

Comment

Regarding MRC. I have a b5 that is MRC tunes. Great outfit. Expensive. Plus I’ve been undenthe impression they don’t do s2’s anymore. Automark sound good to me. Plus not too far away. Anyone sell the kit needed to increase fuel pressure?

Comment

They do still do the s2, but as Greg said they require a certain few bits to be changed before they will even think about mapping them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ap83 View Post
            I saw a guy today who said it should go back on fine with the correct adhesive??? Not sure if I need to take it out the car though?
            Not worth trying to re glue. The foam under the fabric has broken down. I've just done mine. Its a messy job!
            Nothelle S2 Avant
            Black Ur project
            Ocianic Ur project gone
            S2 Coupe project gone
            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

******. Would you mind explaining what you’ve done? Stripped it? Taken it out of the car? Fitted new fabric? If so where from? Cheers

Comment

There is a guide on here if you search. But a quick version - Remove all the light fittings, grab handles and sun visors. Remove the A/B/C pillar trims and the trims above the front and rear windows plus side windows (you need to remove the two side trims below the back windows).Press out the sunroof trim clips using a scraper from above. The headliner is glued to the roof in two places. Just behind the sunroof and towards the rear tailgate, in large rectangular patches. I made a tool out of a long piece of UPVC (as per the guide) to gently separate the panel from the roof (its easy to damage!). The headliner will then drop down. Take outside and scrape off the old material and adhesive taking care not to damage the card. Buy replacement material and re glue. Re fit everything in reverse order.
                The main issue I had was re gluing. I used high temp spay contact adhesive as supplied by Woolies who also supplied the material. You only get one shot with this stuff and its very easy to get wrinkles! If you know a local a local expert who is willing to do the gluing, that might be a good option. Some of them use a different glue which allows some slip before it sets. The really difficult bit is getting the fabric into the grab handle recesses without it catching on the sides. I've gone for black fabric and will be spraying all of my trims in black to match. It looks really good (if you don't look for the wrinkles)
                Few pics in my thread here but I suggest you read the guide
                https://www.s2forum.com/forum/welcom...0-owner/page22
                Last edited by Tractor Dave; 1 October 2018, 21:24.
                Nothelle S2 Avant
                Black Ur project
                Ocianic Ur project gone
                S2 Coupe project gone
                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

No need to change fuel pressure or injectors, or get a custom remap. An otherwise stock ABY running correctly and with a good chip set (PRJ or Homefries) will give you 280hp, 300lbft and excellent reliability, all for about £300
                  Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Very interesting. I hopefully have a homefries chip on the way!

On a separate note. I can’t see any short shift kits for the s2.

A bodge golf kit seems to be what’s used? The s4 ones on eBay made a huge difference to my b5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X