Audi 2.3 20v Doch 7a idle problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi 2.3 20v Doch 7a idle problem

I have problems with idling. Engine idling is fine for about 5seconds after start and then revs go down. When engine is warm up, it keeps revs but engine is shaking... Car is ok on running and only idle problems. Tried to change idle valve, ignition coil and distributor, idle sensor, spark plug wires. Must to say that changed parts was not new, but dont want to buy everthing new and waste the money. Maybe someone had the similar problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g97Ew_u_AB4

Air leak in inlet tract, check the smaller hose underneath the main rubber hose is good and is plugged in. Renew any small cotton braided vacuum hoses.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

early or late 7A ? Mines a late car and I had similar. The small ribbed hose from the inlet manifold to the ISV had a split
      Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

Early model. Hose between inlet manifold and maf is good. I will try to check if other hoses are leaking

Comment

ACQ,

Just to add to the above good advice, perhaps you already recognize that at idle, because air consumption is going to be very low, any small un-metered air leak(s?) into the intake tract are going to have their largest bad effect precisely then. This thread will give you a broad list of items to survey / clean / confirm / test and work through:

https://www.s2forum.com/forum/techni...after-starting

Comment

Yep. Small air leaks can cause trouble. Noting how many turns it takes to undo, remove the idle speed screw and look at it. Replace the tiny o ring and screw back in the same number of turns.

I'm not saying this will solve it but air getting in here will be after the maf so the necessary fuel will be missed.

Before I changed my. O ring it was surprising how much vacuum was leaking out /air getting in. Put finger over the end of the 'tube' where the screw is and see how much it sucks on your finger.

Comment

So problem solved. Air was leaking..

Comment

ACQ,

To perhaps help others reading this with similar issues, please say exactly where and what you found.

Comment

Originally posted by ACQ
                  So problem solved. Air was leaking..

Where was the air leak?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                  sigpic

Comment

Me too I am curious

Comment

Me too, always good to hear how a problem is cured.

Comment

Sorry for a late reply. So problem was solved for a short time. Was leaking hose behind of inlet manifold. But problem is with ICV changed them 4-5 times because I have them many and no better idle... Cleaning doesnt helped. So I disconected it and idle is fine. Also car runs more better. Only cold idle is bad for 20s...

Comment

Working...
                        X