Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting problems S2 3b

Hello,

My Audi S2 3B has a starting problem, it takes around 5 seconds before the engine runs. When I crank the engine he doesn't sputters, but after 5 seconds he runs smoothly without a problem.

When I turn of the engine and start him after 1 minut, he starts immediately. When you wait 15min till 1 day, it takes around 5 seconds before the engine runs.

But it's my second car and i drive him once in a while, and when I don't drive him for several weeks, the engine runs directly after 1 turn the key.

I allready put a jumper i stead of the relais for the fuel pump but that did not make a difference.

Can someone help me?

I had a similar problem with my 3b. It turned out to be the plug wires. I used an ohm meter and tested them. Most wires read solid numbers, but the ones that were bad either showed irregular or inconsistent readings. This is an easy test to do if you have a multi-meter and costs nothing. Report back if everything checks out. I have some other suggestions too.

Comment

Originally posted by dr.strangelove View Post
      I had a similar problem with my 3b. It turned out to be the plug wires. I used an ohm meter and tested them. Most wires read solid numbers, but the ones that were bad either showed irregular or inconsistent readings. This is an easy test to do if you have a multi-meter and costs nothing. Report back if everything checks out. I have some other suggestions too.
      I've done a quick test and i checked 2 cables, but they mesure infinite. Is this possible? Or did i something wrong? When the car runs he runs good, and sometimes he starts good, sometimes I need to krank several seconds

Comment

Infinite resistance means there's an open circuit (no continuity). That is bad. It means that there's no electricity flowing to your sparkplug. However, the wires may just have backed-out of the connectors. Try pushing them further into the plugs on either end. If you still don't get a reading, pull the wires right out and see if there's corrosion on the tips or damage to the terminals on the ends. Clean/fix as required. If that doesn't solve your problem replace the wires.

If you're not igniting your fuel mixture your oil is going to smell like fuel. Take the oil fill cap off and have a sniff.

Comment

Working...
        X