Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help identifying 034145781 - used on aircon cars where the oil drain pipe connects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help identifying 034145781 - used on aircon cars where the oil drain pipe connects

So my car is sweating a little bit of oil from this funny lump on the side of the engine where the oil return connects when you have aircon:

I have attached a picture from ETKA, so I have a new seal and bolts but ETKA also says to use a Flange (034148781).

Does anybody know what this flange part is and if it is needed to change the seal?

I going to change it tomorrow when I do my oil change, but I'm afriad that I will be missing some weird part.

Any hints?
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

I thought that flange was only used to block off the oil way. The non air con ABY used the same part number for the oil sump extension so that oil return would go to a different place.
    Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

there is nothing besides the gasket and gasket for the oil return pipe.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikes2 View Post
        I thought that flange was only used to block off the oil way. The non air con ABY used the same part number for the oil sump extension so that oil return would go to a different place.
        Ahh ok, so if running a non aircon you would use the flange to block off the drain hole. That makes sense.
        Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

Originally posted by rxl View Post
          there is nothing besides the gasket and gasket for the oil return pipe.
          Thanks for confirming. I really hate having the car in bits and then suddenly your missing one thing. Especially because I use a lift where there is a time constraint.
          Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

Did the change and no others parts needed besides the rubber seal and 8x bolts when you have aircon car.
            Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

cool, glad that it worked out

Comment

Working...
              X