Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green knock sensor connector part number.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green knock sensor connector part number.

After replacing the clutch master cylinder the car would not boost. I found the knock sensor connector in bits and disconnected from the main loom. Looks like its another mistake. It was very brittle so I guess it was going to fail one day.

Does anybody have the part number for the green connector on the end of the knock sensor cable.
    Attached Files

Do you mean the female on the loom or the male on the actual sensor cable?

[EDIT]
    I see now I missed your wording.
    Don't know if the male on the sensor cable is readily available in green.
    But it is a 3 bosch male which is available on at least on the aftermarket.

I think the recommended action would be to install a new knock sensor though.
    Audi S2 -1994 | 480 Hp 650 Nm | FlexFuel | MaxxECU | 3" Stainless | Porsche GT3 Front Brakes
    http://www.garaget.org/?car=52877

Comment

Audi knock sensor available at 100 pound I agree with replacing the sensor but why change a part that's ok.

Trying to get the male connector first.

I pushed the connections together and secure them as best as I could just for a test. The boost was back which to me means the sensor is ok and the connector is all that I need.

I have an old coil pack connector which will fit but I would rather get the green one.

Comment

There should be a Bosch number available for that knock sensor, that should bring the price down I think.

As long as you are careful with the shielding when changing connector I guess it works.
        Not something I would attempt though.
        Audi S2 -1994 | 480 Hp 650 Nm | FlexFuel | MaxxECU | 3" Stainless | Porsche GT3 Front Brakes
        http://www.garaget.org/?car=52877

Comment

I worked with screened cable for many years it should not be a problem for me to connect.

If I mess up then all it means is I buy new sensor.

Comment

I reckon I have a spare one at home but I’m away for another week. Let me know if you still need it then.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks, do you have the connector or complete knock sensor?

Will see if my fix works first.

Comment

The problem is that in effect the plug is moulded around the wires so thats its virtually impossible to remove without damage and reuse. Its the same for all those sensors that fit into the bracket and indeed the hall sensor one!
                So its highly likely even if you source a used replacement, you will not be able to salvage just the connector.
                The sane approach would be to either just use a used replacement or source a new one.

Comment

The male connector you need is an AMP / Tyco JPT 3 way. You will not find a green one. If you won’t replace the sensor then cut the existing sensor lead and re-terminate. If you search the stickies you will find I posted the Bosch p/n for all the Bosch sensors about a decade ago.

If the connector is so degraded it’s crumbling, think what condition the rest of the sensor and it’s wiring is in. I would replace both the (mission critical) knock sensors, they are not expensive. Just my 2c.
                  Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by orsum
                    Thanks, do you have the connector or complete knock sensor?

Will see if my fix works first.
                    Complete sensor

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for all the great support and advice.

I found the Bosch parts post.Error404 Thank great post.

Contacting Bosch today to see if Bosch SA can get the parts.

Comment

Bosch have both knock sensors 8 days delivery and at a good price. Both for just under 100 UK pounds.

Order placed.

Anybody have advice on fitting.

I would think a clean surface contact is a must. Should a paste/grease of any sort be applied between the contact face?

Torque as per factory spec?

Comment

Bosch South Africa have just advised they cannot sell the green knock sensor 054905377A to me in South Africa.

Back to the beginning. Looking for the green sensor.

Very strange they have the other one in stock !!!

Comment

After many many emails I have finally been told the Bosch knock sensor for the Audi S2 ABY has been released for sale in South Africa.

Part numbers Bosch 0261 231 038 and Audi part number 054905377A

Comment

Torqueing them correctly is the main thing. Check, but I am sure it is only 10nm, really not much. Don't over Tighten them...
                              Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
                              S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
                              '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Working...
                              X