RS2 engine misfire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 engine misfire

The engine was misfiring I found out No1 spark plug was black and not firing after changing the plug it worked fine but after a while the misfire started again can anyone help me on this topic?

Ignition amplifier good?
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Sorry about my inexperience on this issue what is the ignition amplifier and where is it situated?

Comment

Two black boxes on the bulkhead. Follow the ht wires back.
        better still, convert to coil packs. Error404 here does a really good kit!
        Nothelle S2 Avant
        Black Ur project
        Ocianic Ur project gone
        S2 Coupe project gone
        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

I have already installed 404 coil pack

Comment

Ah. So could be a faulty coil pack. Did you get new ones?
            try swapping one over?
            Nothelle S2 Avant
            Black Ur project
            Ocianic Ur project gone
            S2 Coupe project gone
            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Yes I bought a set of new coil packs from error 404 which are now installed

Comment

Ok, should be good then. Check its seated properly on the plug. Mine need pushing down now and again as I don't have a cover. Failing that, over to the experts. They will be lurking
                Nothelle S2 Avant
                Black Ur project
                Ocianic Ur project gone
                S2 Coupe project gone
                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Hi dave I just sent Alex a message to that affect maybe he might have a solution but thanks for your advice on this matter. I still cannot download photos of the finished paintwork on the car its ashame I am sure you would like to see them.

Comment

Yes, looking forward to that.
                    I don't think it will be anything to do with the harness. When I had my engine problems, my fully qualified VAG mechanic had Error's harness to bits and said it was the best made he had ever seen and could find no fault whatsoever. As long as its properly connected it will be fine.
                    Misfire on one cylinder can also be caused by dirty or blocked injector. Did you have them cleaned and flow tested? Lynn (LSG) can help there. Only other possible cause could be low compression on that cylinder. Try swapping the coil packs over just in case as well.
                    Nothelle S2 Avant
                    Black Ur project
                    Ocianic Ur project gone
                    S2 Coupe project gone
                    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

I had the injectors restored and tested and compression test is correct

Comment

And finally, good petrol?
                        You seem to have covered everything and exhausted my limited knowledge. Like I said, a proper expert will be lurking and probably have a good idea what's wrong. If you swapped a spark plug over and it was good for a while, then went bad again, that needs investigating. Find out why that happened and you will have hopefully solved the problem.
                        Nothelle S2 Avant
                        Black Ur project
                        Ocianic Ur project gone
                        S2 Coupe project gone
                        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Admittedly it has unleaded in the tank I was advised to put V Power fuel again thanks for the advice Dave

Comment

Originally posted by joss01 View Post
                            I had the injectors restored and tested and compression test is correct
                            How long did you leave the injectors between having them cleaned and using them? I've read that cleaned injectors can have issues if not used for a while after cleaning.
                            91 Modded 3B
                            14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

good point I have started the engine occasionally after installing them but they have not had a long run in period as the car is being restored

Comment

Working...
                              X