Spark plug condition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spark plug condition

Asked the same question on the facebook page but felt I might get more sensible answers on the real S2 Forum page what do the state of my plugs say? They have been in about 1 year the car hasn't been at the bottom of a lake and I regularly spend loads on the car
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 4 photos.

shouldnt look like that after 5years let alone a year. water ingress some how

Comment

Never seen plugs like that on an S2 due to their location deep in the head. Do you live by the sea??
      91 Modded 3B
      14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

I use the new coils with the conversion loom and now have no sealed coil pack cover, what about the oily one

Comment

Propably your valve cover seal is leaking at that one. Never seens so corroded plugs before

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
          Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
          BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
          BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
            I use the new coils with the conversion loom and now have no sealed coil pack cover, what about the oily one
            The coils should seal depending how much of the rubber you cut off them. The oily one is probably due to a weeping cam cover gasket.

Comment

Only tend to see this on engine bays that have been washed off with a hose/pressure washer.

Oily one will be because of the rocker gasket, or maybe if you are unlucky, a loose plug and poor oil control rings.

Comment

They look like they came off a car that hasn't seen new plugs for 10 years! Did someone swap them when you weren't looking?
                Nothelle S2 Avant
                Black Ur project
                Ocianic Ur project gone
                S2 Coupe project gone
                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

has your car been worked on by anyone else? Those plugs looks rough. Re the oily one, at least on the bright side the oil is on 'the outside' and not on the tip where you might consider ring or valve guide wear

Comment

They look like they have never been changed!
                    The Perfectionist
                    sigpic
                    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Cheers peeps will have to keep an eye on why water is getting down the plug recesses, maybe the coil tops aren't sealing properly

Comment

Our engines don't like water so if you do ever wash the engine bay, important to cover up certain items like the top cover, alternator, belts, fuse box area etc just to be safe.
                        1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Working...
                        X