• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the fpr 4 bar on the aby ? And any one got a part number

Comment

Originally posted by bilko0795 View Post
      Is the fpr 4 bar on the aby ? And any one got a part number
      Yes 4 Bar
      Copies about a tenner, genuine bosche ones about 40-50 quid.

Did you do a leak test?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
      sigpic

Comment

Yes did leak test nothing showing, will order the fpr also couple of work mates said when they are behind me there is a strong smell of burnt fuel I use Tesco momentum so I told them it’s probably that.

Comment

Moved the car today after changing fpr, car was ticking over and just stalled couldn’t start it it for a few minutes then all ok took it for a spin as said no issues

Comment

Probably a small air lock in the fuel rail after changing it.
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Yes, takes a while to clear if the rail is empty.

Comment

Just wondering if the fuel pump is playing up it is 25yr old and it’s the only thing iv not changed since iv had the car

Comment

Originally posted by bilko0795 View Post
                  Just wondering if the fuel pump is playing up it is 25yr old and it’s the only thing iv not changed since iv had the car
                  That’s exactly what I was thinking !

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                  sigpic

Comment

Ive had the same code since doing a top end rebuild and turbo swap. Ive swapped almost everything from MAF to FPR and everythjng in between lol. Only thing ive not swapped out is the pump. Car runs fine and there are no big issues. Fuel pressure is higher then what it shoild be...im sitting between 56-58psi at idle. Could be a bad return line causing a spike in fuel pressure, hell could still be a boost leak somewhere. The car is not a daily so its parked for winter. Ill attack this in the furure at some point.

pretty much going to live with it for now. I have plans to build the engine more or replace with a built engine in the future.

im interested to see what come of this thread though.

Comment

I will change the pump shortly mine also sits in the garage over winter it’s only done 200 miles in 2 yrs

Comment

I try to put as many miles on my car in summer...this past summer i managed 4k KM.

Comment

Been using the car now all week no issues until this morning. I left the house car cut out after a few hundred meters wouldn’t start went to work got a tow rope and some help got to the car it started first turn short lived though traveled a few mtrs cut out started again few mtrs cut out again left it a few minutes started again and got back to the house I haven’t plugged it in vag com yet but I was thinking either fuel or maf related?

Comment

Working...
                          X