Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on power upgrade? for my bucks, before remap

Hey guys n gals!!

I have atm, an s2 with an Emerald tunable ECU, it has a 3inch exhaust from manifold with 1 silencer in place, A new crank pulley from TerryBulwon will be added. (I dunno if this increases the performance).

I will be doing a full overhaul service on her.

Are there any possible parts I could purchase on the cheap and pop into the car to up the power before I then take her to get rolling roaded and tuned by emerald aftre all this work is done.

injectors?

Whats your thoughts guys!? I am also interested If people have parts for sale.

Thx in advance peeps xxx

Are you still using a standard turbo?
    If so there's not really much point changing the injectors,if you're looking for more punch rs2 turbo,exhaust manifold and injectors are a well trodden bolt on path...I wouldn't say particularly cheap though
    It's a love/hate relationship with the S2,i love it,it hates me

Comment

Also if you're using emerald you're going to need to buy a map sensor if you haven't got one already
      It's a love/hate relationship with the S2,i love it,it hates me

Comment

boost controller-not popular here but a viable path. i used a boost controller on stock setup with nice results for stock.it hit and held a bar far better than the stock n75 which was old. need to measure AF though in the process.

not sure on costs nowadays as i bought my aby s2 back in about 2005. the same engine is in my b3 saloon now and still going well.

Comment

Was there any reason you’re on aftermarket ecu?
          F I R E U P T H E Q U A T T R O

1996 S2 coupe aqua green sold
          1990 MK2 Golf gti 16v oak green sold

Comment

Hey guys! thank you!

Standard turbo for now, Old ecu went pop, so I upgraded it and yes it has a map sensor! ..

So installing better injectors wont do much? I mean can I plonk in good bigger ones, before my next remap? will it increase anything? until I go bigger power...

(have a bigger 450bhp turbo in shed waiting... but need more parts for that.. just gotta get her up and running before the ring and my mate has bought an m3 with 343bhp so I wanna push it as much as possible with what I have ) So any small mods I can do to do this before the remap would gladly help me!

so stock engine, with 3inch exhaust from manifold 1 silencer..
            Anything else? wil be installing Terrybulwons crank pulley, does this enhance performance?

Thx xxx

Comment

Originally posted by Chris5044 View Post
              Hey guys! thank you!

Standard turbo for now, Old ecu went pop, so I upgraded it and yes it has a map sensor! ..

So installing better injectors wont do much? I mean can I plonk in good bigger ones, before my next remap? will it increase anything? until I go bigger power...

(have a bigger 450bhp turbo in shed waiting... but need more parts for that.. just gotta get her up and running before the ring and my mate has bought an m3 with 343bhp so I wanna push it as much as possible with what I have ) So any small mods I can do to do this before the remap would gladly help me!

so stock engine, with 3inch exhaust from manifold 1 silencer..
              Anything else? wil be installing Terrybulwons crank pulley, does this enhance performance?

Thx xxx

Rs2 chipped power will be enough if you’re comparing to the e46 m3 and a lot more fun if comparing in straight lines, but finding the rs2 are difficult and hold a premium.

Bigger injectors at this point with the stock turbo aren’t going to help. There’s only so much the stock turbo can be pushed to.

If the big turbo means too much work then a hybrid of some sort will be perfect as you already have the flexibility of an aftermarket ecu.

Intercooler, exhaust manifold and fuel pump are the other things worth considering, they’ll all have their limitations.
              F I R E U P T H E Q U A T T R O

1996 S2 coupe aqua green sold
              1990 MK2 Golf gti 16v oak green sold

Comment

One option for stop gap power upgrade, though it would be better just to save your cash and go straight to 450
                I would fit new fuel pump and relay, fuel filter, and use a upgraded k24 from Vidar
                If it could be run on original injectors and intercooler you could get over 300hp with an afternoons work.

https://www.s2forum.com/forum/member...27bb-600-800hp

Comment

Re: "Terrybulwons crank pulley, does this enhance performance?" Right after your current one lets go, yes!

Comment

Originally posted by AquaS2 View Post

Rs2 chipped power will be enough if you’re comparing to the e46 m3 and a lot more fun if comparing in straight lines, but finding the rs2 are difficult and hold a premium.

Bigger injectors at this point with the stock turbo aren’t going to help. There’s only so much the stock turbo can be pushed to.

If the big turbo means too much work then a hybrid of some sort will be perfect as you already have the flexibility of an aftermarket ecu.

Intercooler, exhaust manifold and fuel pump are the other things worth considering, they’ll all have their limitations.
                    sweet!!! -- now you got me thinking, as the turbo in the shed is an rs2 hybrid of some special design,.... hmmm what iff..... I could fit just the turbo in there also?

with stock intercooler and manifolds?
                    Would I see an increase? I know it will be throttled a bit because of intercooler and manifold..

But maybe enough to boost over 300bhp?

Is a hybrid a straight swap?

I believe the turbo I have is this one in this thread bought off Albert on the forum years ago...
                    https://www.s2forum.com/forum/member...r-full-rebuild

Thoughts? is it easy bolt on? and is it worth it in its current setup?

Comment

Originally posted by sjw185 View Post
                      One option for stop gap power upgrade, though it would be better just to save your cash and go straight to 450
                      I would fit new fuel pump and relay, fuel filter, and use a upgraded k24 from Vidar
                      If it could be run on original injectors and intercooler you could get over 300hp with an afternoons work.

https://www.s2forum.com/forum/member...27bb-600-800hp
                      Could I do this with the K26 hybrid I posted above this? ..
                      Ie would the k26 be a bolt on? which I have already in shed..

Would I need fuel pump? and relay? also how much would this cost? - easy to fit?

Comment

Originally posted by Lago Blue View Post
                        Re: "Terrybulwons crank pulley, does this enhance performance?" Right after your current one lets go, yes!
                        hehe cool, understood!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris5044 View Post

Could I do this with the K26 hybrid I posted above this? ..
                          Ie would the k26 be a bolt on? which I have already in shed..

Would I need fuel pump? and relay? also how much would this cost? - easy to fit?
                          Just mentioned the original size K24 turbo hybrid as a idea to gain some more power without spending too much cash.
                          Fuel pump maybe not necessary for wee turbo but it will not be a bad idea to make sure fueling is at its best with relay and new filter.
                          For the larger turbo you would want to install with all parts to get the best performance like fuel pump and injectors, exhaust manifold, intercooler, to do it right first time
                          Youve got me looking at K26/27 turbos now

Comment

how much power do your brakes allow

Comment

an suspension

Comment

Working...
                              X