Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABY running rough / lumpy between 1-2k rpm

Hi chaps,

My ABY has started running a little lumpy / rough from 1-2kish rpm and feels down on power. I pulled the plugs and they were a little carbon fouled a new set got thrown in. No change so figured it would likely be a lack of air getting through (I am a complete engine dunce so just going off Google searches!) Intake is fine, and cleaned the MAF with IPA, but again no difference. I did notice when I took it out for a 'spirited' drive that I could hear a bit more 'whistle' from the turbo so next thought was maybe a split seal / joint / leak somewhere in the system so booked in for a leak test.

I have ordered a lead to diagnose anything, but no warning lights etc are on.

The question is - Am I missing anything?! Anything else to consider etc? Also please do point me to any other threads covering this! I have been searching for a good 30 mins with no luck so thought easiest to just ask!

Thanks,

Charlie

P.s. here's a nice little pic from a frosty morning last week!

PHOTO-2020-02-07-08-50-50.jpg
    Last edited by Charleston; 10 February 2020, 11:43.

I had poor idling and poor fuel economy on my Avant for a couple of weeks, pulled the codes and it came up with a lambda issue, replaced lambda sensor and all good now.
    If you’ve got a whistling then you’ve probably got a boost leak which will make it run lean off boost and rich on boost. (With vacuum in the inlet, unmetered air is drawn in and with pressure in the inlet, metered air is lost).
    You need to do a boost leak check by plugging the maf hose and pressurising the whole inlet tract. There should be a sticky post on this.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

S2 3B and ABY and RS2 ADU Boost Leak Testing (Draft)
      https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks newsh - really appreciate the response. Hopefully between the leak test and the lead I should get my answer!

Comment

Working...
        X