Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Head Gasket can of worms??? - Now chasing Boost Leaks!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you ever changed the plastic one way valve in the pipe work off the underside of the inlet manifold Steve?
    I’d advise everyone to change this if it’s still the original.
    I was chasing a boost leak or a long time, then it developed an oil leak from the front cam seal, which turned out to be this valve leaking when on boost, pressurising the breather system and the top of the head and leaking past the seal.
    Changed the valve and got nearly all the boost back and no more leak.

Comment

Originally posted by martinjs View Post
      Have you ever changed the plastic one way valve in the pipe work off the underside of the inlet manifold Steve?
      I was chasing a boost leak or a long time, then it developed an oil leak from the front cam seal, which turned out to be this valve leaking when on boost, pressurising the breather system and the top of the head and leaking past the seal.
      Hi, can you give us the part nº for this valve? Thank you.

If you could post a picture from Etka with the precise piece and location it would be great.

Comment

035103245A

No20 in this picture, it goes inside the rubber pipes

78C6A0EA-7A85-4B4A-8F1D-9BCCFFFC4DE1.png

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by martinjs View Post
            Nope! One has been ordered.

Thank you!

Cheers

Steve
            The Perfectionist
            sigpic
            Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Hi all,

Bloody hell this is dragging on isn't it! Well since I last posted the car has passed another MOT (with boost leak) and I have moved house.

After multiple attempts to pressurise the intake system with a tyre compressor I bit the bullet and ordered a full Boost Leak testing kit:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/System-Leak.../dp/B0C3BLD4D7

and a proper garage compressor:

https://www.sgs-engineering.com/sc6h...air-compressor

Why did I wait so long to do this??!!

Leaks can be found almost instantly which were:
              1. 90 Rubber hose at the rear of the cam cover (it has split under the hose clip)
              2. The small rubber bellows that houses the one way valve under the throttle body
              I have a new silcon version of 2. on order and will hopefully have the S2 back to full turbo boosting glory soon......

Lesson: Buy the right bloody tools!

The Perfectionist
              sigpic
              Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
                Hi all,

Bloody hell this is dragging on isn't it! Well since I last posted the car has passed another MOT (with boost leak) and I have moved house.

After multiple attempts to pressurise the intake system with a tyre compressor I bit the bullet and ordered a full Boost Leak testing kit:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/System-Leak.../dp/B0C3BLD4D7

and a proper garage compressor:

https://www.sgs-engineering.com/sc6h...air-compressor

Why did I wait so long to do this??!!

Leaks can be found almost instantly which were:
                1. 90 Rubber hose at the rear of the cam cover (it has split under the hose clip)
                2. The small rubber bellows that houses the one way valve under the throttle body
                I have a new silcon version of 2. on order and will hopefully have the S2 back to full turbo boosting glory soon......

Lesson: Buy the right bloody tools!
                Good move

When you've fixed the big leaks, test again, and find the small ones

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks, I am now going to test again when the new parts arrive....
                  Last edited by Fat Audi 80; 18 February 2024, 20:39.
                  The Perfectionist
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X