RS2 Engine crank no start.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 Engine crank no start.

Engine starts with starting fuild, G4 and G28 tested, and fuel spills out from fuel line while crnaking the engine. Injectors wire also tested. Is it the problem of the G40? I have not test G40 yet because I not sure how to. Is there a posibility of faulty fuel pressure regulator?

Just pulled out the injectors, and found out that they are not injecting the fuel. But wiring has 11.56v and injectors has 15.3 ohms resistance, number seems normal to me.

Comment

Definitely could be G40.
      The ECU needs to see the G40 pulse at exactly the right moment TDC in the cyl 1 compression stroke.
      So if G40 is not working or cam belt has slipped or a cambelt pulley has moved and the cam timing is not correct, the engine will not start.
      So check the sensor is giving an output, you can DG o this with a LED.
      And Check timing using the marks on the flywheel and cam pulley (RS2 timing mark lineup is weird, should be half a tooth out, do a search)
      Last edited by newsh; 2 August 2020, 11:46.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
      sigpic

Comment

Lots of good stuff here

https://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/210191.phtml

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
          Thanks for you reply. But this artical says if engine start with starting fluid, that means the G40 is good? If G40 is bad, will ECU still send sparks?

Comment

Any histoty? Have you just changed the cambelt or done some other work? Using starter fluid, did it just pop and bang or run smooth for a few seconds?
            Nothelle S2 Avant
            Black Ur project
            Ocianic Ur project gone
            S2 Coupe project gone
            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
              Any histoty? Have you just changed the cambelt or done some other work? Using starter fluid, did it just pop and bang or run smooth for a few seconds?
              Car runs for like two seconds with couple seconds spray of starting fluid. I dont know if the ECU still send the spark if G40 is dead? Engine was running ok but had some ramdom stalling issue. pulled MAF out and cleaned it. The not starting issue started while I test the fuel pressure. Then it had some hard time staring and then completely crank no start. Next day the relay died and replaced a new one, now fuel can go all the way to the rail. I pulled out the rail and put the injectors back, cranked the engine, they were not injecting and got poped out because the pressure of the fuel from the fuel rail.

Comment

Have you reconnected the fuel lines correctly? Have you tried starting without the maf? Is it just flooded? Remove all spark plugs and blow out fuel with air line. Allow to dry and then try again. Is the battery fully charged and turning engine over quickly enough? Do you have bad petrol? Work your way through the link above methodically and you will get there.
                Nothelle S2 Avant
                Black Ur project
                Ocianic Ur project gone
                S2 Coupe project gone
                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
                  Have you reconnected the fuel lines correctly? Have you tried starting without the maf? Is it just flooded? Remove all spark plugs and blow out fuel with air line. Allow to dry and then try again. Is the battery fully charged and turning engine over quickly enough? Do you have bad petrol? Work your way through the link above methodically and you will get there.
                  Spark plugs replaced as well. Tried without MAF and thorttle position sensor. Just cannot figer out why injector is not injecting the fuel.

Comment

Do you have a labatory power supply? Just pull out the injector and apply 12v to them. They should make audible click.
                    if this is not the case, i think your fuel pump has died.

if engine runs with starter spray you are clearly missing fuel.

Comment

I got the fuel injectors tested and serviced today, put them back and engine starts right up. And random stalling issue is also gone. It seems like the injectors on the RS2 can be blocked esaily if car sits for a while. The posts I have seen on this form regarding the ADU engine no starts issue are all due to the dirty injectors. Thanks for all the replies!

Comment

Originally posted by Marty0208 View Post
                        I got the fuel injectors tested and serviced today, put them back and engine starts right up. And random stalling issue is also gone. It seems like the injectors on the RS2 can be blocked esaily if car sits for a while. The posts I have seen on this form regarding the ADU engine no starts issue are all due to the dirty injectors. Thanks for all the replies!
                        Thats nice! Sure you read my thread, I had the same problem with my injectors.. strange that they clogg up.

Comment

Ethanol in modern fuel degrades over time and makes an organic sludge.

There is 10% Ethanol in all 95 oct fuel in UK now.

Make sure to use at least 97 which should have max 5%, Esso 97 has zero ethanol in most areas of the UK at this time, not sure how long for though.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X