ABY Replace seals of water collector at cylinder head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABY Replace seals of water collector at cylinder head

Hi, how do I best replace the seals at the water collector pipe at the cylinder head connections (ABY). What do I need to disassemble? Is it possible to do it from the front by removing only the steering pump....or do I need to remove the intake collector? Is there anywhere a guideline to do the work? Thanks

It's a while since I did mine but from memory I think you need to remove the intake manifold to get access to the little allen bolts. Alex (Error) recommends Vitron o rings and I think he had some for sale.
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Probably very difficult with the intake in place. Much easier with it off. The Viton seals are pennies, so worth replacing the OE items when it's off. You will need the odd shaped seal for the main flange.
      91 Modded 3B
      14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

15x2.5 Viton O-rings 15mm Inner Diameter x 2.5mm Cross Section (20mm OD) Alex does them or you can get them from the bay. Check if he has them in stock.
        91 Modded 3B
        14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

I did mine but left the IM in place, with the radiator out it wasn't a bad job.
          The "shaped" seal wasn't available from Audi but it's also used on VW Golf apparently so was available aftermarket..... JP GROUP 16V Cylinderhead Coolant Flange Seal - 1119606200 5710412050078 | eBay

Comment

Just disconnect the cables to the sensors, water hose from the radiator and turbo pipe.

Comment

I have genuine Viton seals in stock:
              https://www.ultraperformance.co.uk/s...keywords=Viton
              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
              X