Which piston set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which piston set

Anyone recommend or have tried and tested a piston set for an aan engine. Dont want to run lower compression and have been looking at wiseco, je and fcp. Already have fcp rods.
    thanks

FCP or Wiseco would be preferable over JE due to the alloy JE use and its expansion rate.
    91 Modded 3B
    14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

I’ve had some wossner pistons installed got them from USA as seem to be cheaper

Comment

We use Wossner in a lot off the busa's , Gsxr 1000,s, ZX12R,s, ZZR 1400 and Blackbird's motors . We don't have problems with them to be honest. I think you should be fine with them.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveH View Post
          FCP or Wiseco would be preferable over JE due to the alloy JE use and its expansion rate.
          My experience with FCP pistons is that they are made by JE and re-branded, so just check if your getting 2618 or 4032 alloy.
          sigpic
          1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
          1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
          1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

4032 all the way

Comment

Originally posted by AndyP View Post

My experience with FCP pistons is that they are made by JE and re-branded, so just check if your getting 2618 or 4032 alloy.
              I thought they used rebranded Wossner, didn't realise they used JE. They didn't seem to have much in stock the last time I checked.
              91 Modded 3B
              14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Think i will prob go for fcp ones as slightly higher compression than wossner. Car will be running on race fuel all time.

Comment

Mahle

Comment

I just ordered 2 sets of pistons from Jeff @ Four Ring Performance because his design is ~9.1:1 compression ratio.
                    http://www.fourringperformance.com/piston.php
                    Seems to be made by Wiseco based on his specs. I went with 81.5mm to rebuild my street AAN and a set of 83mm for the 7A-based race car. He indicated that these will clear the standard MLS head gasket, as using that was an important factor for me (for future rebuilds of the race motor).

Comment

Sorry to hijack your tread but my car is needing a rebore and the machine shop can't seem to source standard type oversize pistons.

I am thinking the best solution is to just fire some FCP pistons in and maybe X-Beam rods while i'm at it just to futureproof it although right now the engine is standard other than a homefry.

I'm in the UK so where would be the best place for ordering a set? FCP-Engineering.com or is there anywhere closer that anyone has had dealings with?
                      1994 Indigo Blue S2 coupe
                      1994 80 Avant 1.9 TDI
                      2005 Yamaha Fazer 1000
                      1953 AJS Model 18S

Comment

QUOTE=YELL MAN;n2098079]Sorry to hijack your tread but my car is needing a rebore and the machine shop can't seem to source standard type oversize pistons.

I am thinking the best solution is to just fire some FCP pistons in and maybe X-Beam rods while i'm at it just to futureproof it although right now the engine is standard other than a homefry.

I'm in the UK so where would be the best place for ordering a set? FCP-Engineering.com or is there anywhere closer that anyone has had dealings with?[/QUOTE]

I have used fcp a couple times now and no issues with fast shipping. Least can get parts needed all from same place. Mines also getting rebore and 82mm pistons

Comment

OK, thanks for the reply. Will probably go for ordering through them then. Need to check with machinest but looking to go for 81.5mm.
                          1994 Indigo Blue S2 coupe
                          1994 80 Avant 1.9 TDI
                          2005 Yamaha Fazer 1000
                          1953 AJS Model 18S

Comment

Working...
                          X