Audi s2 Aby running hot 95 degrees or so

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris5044 View Post
    The degrees are ok now, it seems to have gone down to 90 degrees again and even below slightly on a drive at night yesterday!!

.......................False alarm guys!! went out today and its reading very hot, around 100 degrees!!
    I'd be happy with 90 degrees when moving, was 100 degrees also when moving or stationary/slow moving traffic. I'd be happy(ish) if the fan was on at 100 in traffic.

The big question is, can the temp gauge be relied upon ?!!

Do you have an infra-red temp gauge ( Infrared Thermometer, Digital IR Laser Thermometer Temperature Gun 688209908015 | eBay )
    The above could be used to determine gauge accuracy, and maybe if your rad has a blockage. Handy tool to have.

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
      Is the fan coming on?
      Hey yes i can hear a fan coming on yes

Comment

Originally posted by John. View Post

I'd be happy with 90 degrees when moving, was 100 degrees also when moving or stationary/slow moving traffic. I'd be happy(ish) if the fan was on at 100 in traffic.

The big question is, can the temp gauge be relied upon ?!!

Do you have an infra-red temp gauge ( Infrared Thermometer, Digital IR Laser Thermometer Temperature Gun 688209908015 | eBay )
        The above could be used to determine gauge accuracy, and maybe if your rad has a blockage. Handy tool to have.
        Oooh good thinking! I actually have something similar for covid testing... lol! Yes its slow moving , but after running it down motorway it seemed to stay around 100 degrees even over it seemed!!

Could be guage or blocked rad. Ill try to bleed it then check.. if it persists, ill flush system and check thermostat seating, as i recently fitted this.

Comment

Working...
        X