Audi s2 Aby running hot 95 degrees or so

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psiconauta911 View Post
    Could be worse, you could have droped a bag of sand in the intake to polish the intake and the exaust!
    Thats terrible!!!

Comment

Next time just use the Holts rad flush ​​​​​​
      Nothelle S2 Avant
      Black Ur project
      Ocianic Ur project gone
      S2 Coupe project gone
      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
        Dissolve it in water first you dingo
        1kg is a **** ton. You need about a cup full per 5L

If you read the “terrible advice” again you will see it says the words “fill with acid dilution”.
        I read 1kg, assumed it was a typo, I did the same routine, used about 100g, dosed in about desert spoon amounts in the reservoir once hot.

Worked very well indeed.

If you stuff 1kg of anything solid, soluble or not, into your cooling system you are in for a bad time.
        Last edited by Bowie69; 23 April 2021, 08:21.

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
          Next time just use the Holts rad flush ​​​​​​
          Thats an idea!, though user error here. hands stinging from acid still. but all good the job was done, and touch wood its giving me a low temp now. Bled as normal a few times and seems good. A few more jobs to do soon also, including the ceiling which is coming away x

Comment

Guess what rad-flush contains?
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I have to say, I was waiting for this from you!

Comment

whats that? the acid?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris5044 View Post

whats that? the acid?
                  The same acid that you describe as 'crappy' and blame it for your issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie69 View Post

The same acid that you describe as 'crappy' and blame it for your issues.
                    Oh bowie! are you ok? seems with your response you aren't in a good place. Your comment isn't very nice. You have also misunderstood what I originally wrote (As I wrote I made the mistake - which I owned up to). I bet you wouldn't say that in front of my face. It seems you are trying to start some trouble with me.

Comment

Also why are you being so patronising? then your chum chiming in here like some sort of frat boy?
                      We can meet up and have a chat about this if you like guys? I really would like to see you face to face.

I will not stand bullying tactics guys.

Comment

chill... (but good to speak out we're among friends)

Comment

Originally posted by Henkjan View Post
                          chill... (but good to speak out we're among friends)
                          Hey buddy, you are right, I just didn't expect this, out of the blue. I struggle with ADHD sometimes and can misinterpret things and i dont have my own garage. So after this mistake which I owned up for, then this sort of taking the piss and making fun of is starting, esp with error who I have spoken to a few times and seemed nice on the phone. But it wasn't that,..... I let that slip, it was bowie's comment, like this is all over, but he decided to make a thing of it by adding negativity and digging a knife into me.

I was frustrated that day as got acid on my hands and had to nail this in the dark well into the night and the acid didnt stay solluable, which I didnt get the mixture right. we in covid and there's a strain anyways and I know people are suffering.

I just though this was done and dusted and i owned up. so there was no need to start something or to dig the knife in more at my misfortune. It really pissed me off and what i wrote was very light.

I just dont have time for this kind of mentality of bullying. Im ex military and its ********.
                          So lets just draw a line under this and move on. Theres no need for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris5044 View Post

Oh bowie! are you ok? seems with your response you aren't in a good place. Your comment isn't very nice. You have also misunderstood what I originally wrote (As I wrote I made the mistake - which I owned up to). I bet you wouldn't say that in front of my face. It seems you are trying to start some trouble with me.
                            Hardly... I'm in a good place thanks, just wish the weather warm up a bit!

It's not meant in any aggressive way at all, just pointing out that you have been blaming bad instructions, the 'crappy' acid, leprechauns.... When it was none of the above!

I absolutely would say it to your face, as I say, no aggression, just pointing you to the facts. Perhaps you are reading too much into what I am saying....

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie69 View Post

Hardly... I'm in a good place thanks, just wish the weather warm up a bit!

It's not meant in any aggressive way at all, just pointing out that you have been blaming bad instructions, the 'crappy' acid, leprechauns.... When it was none of the above!

I absolutely would say it to your face, as I say, no aggression, just pointing you to the facts. Perhaps you are reading too much into what I am saying....
                              Your commenting wasn't nice and its been some time since I carried the work out. It was already difficult and frustrating to do this process without you chiming in. Its not nice or helpful.

The instructions were still a bit vague:

"Can't remember what I did now, think it was about a cup full of powder, will depend on the strength of the stuff you buy"

There's no distinct amount specifically stated here, or not fully explained either:

The description would be better put:
                              Use 1 cup (250ml)of oxalic acid power, mix thoroughly with a large body of water.
                              So 5/8 litres water = 1cup (250ml) oxalic acid.
                              Special instructions now from my mistake and mishap in experience would be to thoroughly mix this as the powder has a tendency to turn to a slush that can compact itself and block your system, in even 10mm gaps!!!!.

Wear rubber gloves to protect your hands also (also my bad again).

I had to get this job done or I couldn't drive back home - I had to visit another house where my tools were stored. So this job turned into a bit of a nightmare.
                              I Managed to unblock and get back though.

In future a better explained description is more healthy.

Things that I could improve from myself for the future would be to:
                              Fully read and also try and work out more of what's required through research. Some of which is experience - which I have a lack of. So that is going to produce problems anyway. Though have learnt from this experience and how this acid works.

(I assumed it was liquid at first, then when it came as a powder. I assumed it would break down into water easily, as it said "acid dillution" - I had lots of it, but thought it would do a better job by just putting it through) - It did not dillute so well however and thus created problems.

I was frustrated also and it caused me issues - physically and mentally in the real world.
                              I impulsively just blurted this out on the forum about the advice given.

So I can take this opportunity to apologise to Error404 for putting the blame on him and saying its bad advice.
                              The acid did not seem to dillute properly also so I am still not fully convinced. But perhaps if there was less it might dissolve better?
                              I shook that container so much and it turned into a liquid and some of the solids still did not turn to liquid.

Eitherway, errors on both sides here, and leaning more towards me for lack of research and understanding (75% me)

Lessons now learnt on both sides.
                              It doesn't seem either that you can see that your comment wasnt very nice, and thats ok. This is painful for me but I cannot change this.
                              We can draw a line under this now and move on. I did this weeks ago.

Its a massive effort to keep these cars on the road. I just find that being helpful and progressive is a more healthy way of helping one another.
                              Last edited by Chris5044; 29 April 2021, 12:03.

Comment

Chris, I am sorry that you have seem to continue to miss-read me I've re-read what I wrote and there was no malice, ridicule, bullying, aggression intended at all.

Perhaps it was a bit short, lacking in some way, but none of those intend you any harm, far from it. For any upset caused I am of course very sorry, was definitely not something deliberate.

I don't know what else I can possibly say, except 'I just find that being helpful and progressive is a more healthy way of helping one another' is something I wholeheartedly agree with, or I wouldn't be on a forum at all....

Hope you can see we can still all be friends.

Comment

Working...
                                X