Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

K26/27 with #8 hot side and wagner RS manifold downpipe does not fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K26/27 with #8 hot side and wagner RS manifold downpipe does not fit?

Hello,

I am changing my turbo setup from RS2 maifold and KKK 7200 to a K26/27 with #8 hot side and a Wagner RS manifold.

I was under the impression that the wagner RS allows for having the downpipe in stock location, but with this #8 hotside i get clearance problems with the steering rod and the wastegate connection is somewhat off.

Does anyone know if there are adapted downpipes for sale somewhere or do i have to custom-build a new downpipe?
    sigpic
    80 quattro 1984..... S2 sedan 1994

Zermatt silver......... Brilliant black

I have a GT30 on a Wagner manifold with an 034 3” DP. It’s a long time ago but my memory is that we put a small ding in the DP and “adjusted” the WG flexi to line up.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

The wastegateconnection is probably manageable by "adjusting", but the steering rod is like 15 mm inside the downpipe. Too much to ding around with i think It´s like as if this exhausthousing builds more than atleast 10 mm further backwards in the enginecompartment.
      sigpic

Comment

Ok, yes that’s too far.

How’s the clearance with the chassis leg below the cold side? Mine is very close, needs a good fresh engine mount !

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
        sigpic

Comment

I just remembered something that i´ve forgotten! (it´s a long time project and the engine been sitting for 7 years)

I converted from double-mass flywheel to singlemass. That will explain the longitudinal displacement, and the offset towards the fender is explained by me putting a shim between the exhaust flange on the manifold and the turbo exhaust inlet du to the compressor housing not clearing the manifold.

Best would be to get a downpipe for a 3B S2 i think.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X