2.5 TDI block for over 800hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.5 TDI block for over 800hp

I plan to build forged 2.5 stroker engine that shoud be able to ''hold'' up to 1000hp. The plan was to use 2.5 tdi block but I heard that there was a problem with some of tdi blocks that were cracking on 5th cylinder letting water in and braking everything due to hydro lock. This usually happens over 800hp. Do you guys have any info or experience regarding this issue and do you know which tdi blocks are the ones that could hold over 800hp?

I have some new info regarding this subject. Apparently best 2.5 tdi blocks are from 111kw t4 transporter. Anybody has any experience with those?

Comment

blocks you can use. Audi 2.5 tdi code: AEL,AAT - Vw t4 2.5 tdi code ACW.

Its not just plug an play. you need to convert tdi blocks to suit a 20v head

But use the seach..there have been so many post, with tons of info.

Comment

Originally posted by tonci View Post
        I plan to build forged 2.5 stroker engine that shoud be able to ''hold'' up to 1000hp. The plan was to use 2.5 tdi block but I heard that there was a problem with some of tdi blocks that were cracking on 5th cylinder letting water in and braking everything due to hydro lock. This usually happens over 800hp. Do you guys have any info or experience regarding this issue and do you know which tdi blocks are the ones that could hold over 800hp?
        I got my 2.5tdi block from Andy partridge s2 forum member he’s in the U.K. Never heard this problem before but if you want a short block then he’s your man to speak to. All best Michael

Comment

I've supplied quite a few of these, all AAT or AEL blocks and I've never heard of cylinder 5 cracking. The only one I know of that holed a cylinder was when someone tried using a non-turbo 2.4D block from a T4 van, AAB engine I think.
          sigpic
          1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
          1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
          1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Working...
          X